What Will Mame Performance

I'd imagine it's not likely. It might be technically possible but I wouldnt bet on it being full speed or being without some form of rendering issue.

Alpha2 said:
I'd imagine it's not likely. It might be technically possible but I wouldnt bet on it being full speed or being without some form of rendering issue.
Well ok VSYNC and non frameskip would be out. BUT I LOVE THAT GAME :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I read some reviews, and it doesn't look like it runs too well on a high powered PC. That almost certainly knocks it right out for the Pandora, too.

Midway Vegas hardware

Main CPU : R5000 (@ 200 Mhz)
Sound CPU : ADSP2104 (@ 16 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) DMA-driven (@ 16 Mhz)

Screen orientation : Horizontal
Video resolution : 640 x 480 pixels
Screen refresh : 57.00 Hz
Palette colors : 65536

Players : 4
Control : 8-way Joystick
Buttons : 3

Looking at the arcade hardware it would almost seem underpowered compared to the xbox, PS2 and gamecube versions. So maybe the speed might not be an issue but the 3D graphics might cause an issue. I retract my initial statement (which I based wrongly on the thought that the hardware would be on par with the home systems it ran on.) I'd wait for a real coder to make a better assumption.

Do 3D emulators like PSX and N64 utilize the PowerVR or is it software rendering?

GunPei2X said:
Truly dreadful game. Stick with the first 2 :)
Sorry but I loved that game I have never tried the Console ports but the Arcade one is addicting and fun :p And the art style is truly awe inspiring for a early 3D game from 2000.

I have to say this game does get addicting. My brothers and I put a lot of hours into this game leveling up to see the next classes

Speaking of MAME performance(sorry to hijack the thread, but it seems as appropriate as any other), would BattleToads Arcade or Sunset Riders run? I would like to think so, but...

I just hope we get an option in the mame emulator to stretch vertical shooters to fullscreen wide ,some hate this option and i can understand why but when done right it does look good infact looks great ! the best example is the mame emulator for original xbox ,there was a build that infact had the option along with a nice filter and the author later took the option out and was repeatedly requested to add the option back ,infact i think the guy that was doing the port got fed up with the requests ,there was in the end an added option on one the hacked versions.This was for large 42in and higher hd tv screens and it looked great and yet on some mame and cps emulators for small devices there is still no option to stretch to fullscreen with vertical shooters.

My fingers are crossed

Paddy

Talking of MAME, does anyone know which romset we should be using? Seem to remember it was a fairly early one for the GP2X as this would allow for better performance, my guess is that it will be the same for Pandora but don't remember any specific advice on this point.

I am hoping for the same rom set that has support for all the sega classics including mortal kombat simpsons anf tmnt mame87 mabe ?

I think there is a dreamcast port of gauntlet dark legacy,so who knows.
Could it be possible on the dreamcast emulator?

I loved playing Gauntlet Dark Legend on the arcade machine, just hack-and-slash but good fun with friends. Will try pick up the N64 or PS1 copy to play on Pandora.

wrath of khan said:
It's a port of Gauntlet Legends but it has all of the features included in legacy once u beat the game.

I'd forgotten about XMAME, I had to go to the wiki to see what you were talking about! Don't forget there's also MAME4all (by Franxis), which has been a long supported title on GP2X/Wiz. The MAME4all ROM set version is 0.34b.

MAME4all will be ported to Pandora by Zodttd/Slaanesh. Slaanesh is even talking about porting a later version of MAME, although Gauntlet Legends will probably still be out of reach.

Some good info in this thread: http://www.gp32x.de...ame-for-pandora

Aww man I loved those games sooooo many late nights with doritos and surge! Anybody remember surge? Man tghat was a great soda. If you had enough your teeth would start to hurt...

Well enough nostalgia for me off to clean my dentures!

wrath of khan said:

Uh. how about we wait for the DC emulator to get ironed out to a more useable state before we start naming it as an alternative for anything.

Back