What Will Be The First Application You Will Install/launch ?

hells_dark

★★★
Website
breves.openlimeade.net
I know this kind of topic have been done a lot of time.
But the time is long and i want to keep being optimistic

Mine will probably be :

1 firefox
2 comix
3 mplayer
4 pandasnes
5 psx4pandora

yeah, let's talk about this, because we haven't already a million times.

Firefox, probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
PandaSNES first, for definite. :) I don't know what, after that, though - maybe I'll go on some crazy random try-out of whatever's available at the time, I guess. :p

Megadrive emu or Atari ST emu... or maybe PS emu..... or maybe Jaguar emu... or maybe.... gaaaaahhhh cant decide, think i'll spend the first few hours just looking at the bloody thing trying to decide what to run

1. Whatever is used to configure 3G via bluetooth (at the lowest level it is some terminal, bash, nano, rfcomm, hciconfig, hcitool, pppd)
2. mplayer http://208.122.59.30:7010
3. firefox
EDIT: 4. pidgin

Pidgin, so I can tell my friend in excruciating detail how much better my Pandora is than his iPod Touch.

Then probably Firefox, so I can talk on the forum about how awesome it is, and tell Facebook what happened.

Then xterm, then sshfs, then vlc or whatever music player is available, so I can listen to the music that's on my laptop.

'MDave' said:
Any variant of Quake, of course! Looks like Quake 2 (software rendering) is closest to that race though.
Speaking of which, think we'll get Warsow as well?

'AireTamStorm' said:
'MDave' said:
Any variant of Quake, of course! Looks like Quake 2 (software rendering) is closest to that race though.
Speaking of which, think we'll get Warsow as well?

If Warsow is purely a total conversion that doesn't use a modified quake 2 engine, yes. But I think it relies on a modified one, so a port of that would be needed instead to see Warsow on the Pandora ;)

Most likely will use Firefox first. Or whatever music players available. Or an emulator (probably snes or gba. I want to play earthbound)

Probably the wifi configurator first, and then Firefox, like everyone else.
Then I will probably want to check out the terminal, just because I can, and then the package manager.
I'll install a ton of emulators that I won't ever use, loading up one game on each of them to test to make sure they work. Then I'll start copying all my roms onto SD cards, and while I'm waiting for that I'll browse around in either firefox or the package manager for interesting homebrew that I should have heard of by then but hadn't paid any attention to.

Yes, I know exactly what I will do. I won't even occur to me until the next day or so that I can replace my ipod and play music and videos on the Pandora as well.

What'll be in the box?

Doom, Quake, AmigaEm, Firefox (after configuring wireless), all while plugged into a tv

Firefox is an angry beast, maybe a little webbrowser would be good enough for fast browsing. A webbrowser based on webkit (Origyn Web Browser, Midori...)

Whatever's preinstalled. Other than that, I might give firefox (or a more lightweight browser) a go, then maybe look at bittorrent.

Back