What Systems Are Still Unemulated?

Sega MkIII, aka Sega SG1000/SC1000 (forerunner to the master system), as far as I'm aware is still not supprted.

I for one would love to see this system emulated, as I had one back in the day.

The GP32 had Park-o-rama which was very stable, but so far no-one's picked up the ball.

Most platforms worth using at all have had something ported for them, but I don't know how high quality all of them are.

Around the fringe... 3DO hasn't been done, although FreedoGP2X might be coming out sometime. Virtualboy hasn't been done, would be a little surprised if someone went for this. 32X hasn't been done - it might be possible to achieve "okay" speed (maybe not fullspeed). Saturn is less likely. CD-i is a decent possibility, if anyone has enough docs on it.

There's only one NeoGeo Pocket Color emulator and it has a 0/10 rating on the archive. Maybe someone can report on how it is (no, I won't try it myself).

Seems really surprising to me that there is not a handheld X6800 emu, on any handheld. I think Sharp made this system (JaPan computer system). Had one of the best Castlevania's(I think they ported this version to a PSX compilation), not to mention a ton of excellent arcade ports. I emailed ZX-81 about possible doing one, and although interested, he said he has too many projects already going. Oh well. . . .

n8archer_XI said:

Last edited by a moderator:
zacaj said:
What systems are there that the GP2X still does not emulate?
There are some that aren't emulated well (PC-engine for example) and others that aren't emulated due to it being impossible at a good speed (Saturn for example). Do those count for you as "not emulated"

Hooka said:
Exophase: have you tried RACE! ?
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,1526

I added in the (ugly) fullscreen scaling, but other people like Flav0r and Judge deserve the credit for this one ;)

Things that I can think of that aren't emulated (I could be wrong though) are:

Tandy COCO 3
... I dunno, just compare this list to what we do have I guess... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_consoles

Nope, I haven't tried anything ^_^

That's the unfortunate thing about the archive, it's really hard to find certain things, especially when their names are like "Neo Geo Pocket Color" (where you put the spaces there can vary a lot)

Anyway looks like I was wrong about that one. Maybe someone should port it to PSP, I hear the NGPC emulators there are lacking.

Parkydr said:
DS
PSP
N64
GameCube
XBox
Xbox 360
PS3

:)
ooh you missed out WII does this mean theres a wii emulator??
:lol:

Fishbong said:
Sam Coupe still misses. Not sure if anybody gives a damn. I sure don´t.
Well, It could emulate a spectrum 48k almost as good as the real thing (Because of the z80B processor), Emulation on top of an emulator. :rolleyes:

Trooper

dosteridge said:
Dragon 32 B)
I dont think there is any reason to emulate the dragon 32/64/coco2/coco3. None had any tier 1 games or anything. Gates of Delirium was one of the few games on coco not on other systems (and its nothing to write home about).

although it would be easy to emulate as it really only had one asic (GIME chip). the rest is just a 6809 core.

the downside is you need to do artifacting on the display to get colours. blech :(

Im interested in the coco3 in fpga, thats a cool project, but I dont see the point of a coco3 emu on gp2x.

YakumoFuji said:
dosteridge said:
Dragon 32 B)
I dont think there is any reason to emulate the dragon 32/64/coco2/coco3. None had any tier 1 games or anything. Gates of Delirium was one of the few games on coco not on other systems (and its nothing to write home about).

although it would be easy to emulate as it really only had one asic (GIME chip). the rest is just a 6809 core.

the downside is you need to do artifacting on the display to get colours. blech :(

Im interested in the coco3 in fpga, thats a cool project, but I dont see the point of a coco3 emu on gp2x.

Purely for the memories :)

and that green screen :blink:

Back