What´s This???

Lontra99

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
When im viewing some clips on gpcinema, after a while it just resets!!
Same thing happens if i use fast forward option for more than 5 sec.

Its not because of the gpcinema frequency, same thing happens on 100mhz or 166mhz, its not from the encoding (matrix trailer some times reboot) and its not from the firmare (i think) cuz i use the new euro bios. I tried to lauch it from Windups or yafl but the problem persists. What can i do?? I can´t see flicks that last long than 5 minutes!!
Maybe i should stick some commercials on my smc card :p

Any ideas??

yes, im using the free gpcinema. Another weird thing happens.. Example, i open one small flick, see it for a moment and then i change to a movie. When im seeing the movie, the sound of the previous flick surpasses the sound of the movie!!
And if i use fast forward, to sound doesn´t match, it stars again from the begining.
I don´t know , maybe i should delete gpcinema and put it back on

This is some weird s****

Has this happened to anyone?

either your batteries are low or your movies are corrupt.

1.put in new batteries
2.reupload your movies using gpDrive and make sure to press select when you exit gpDrive.

my batteris were full, no doubt about that. I didn´t replaced gpcinema cuz i only used it yesterday night for the first time, didn´t tought that the gpcinema was the problem and then replace it.
But now im at work so i can only try it later.
I dont think its the avi files that are corrupt, i have four or five of them and they reset from time to time. I upload the same flick 3 or 4 times, same thing happens.
To upload , i used pc-link as always. Should i use gpdrive? Whats the main difference between them?

Anyway, i´ll try to use gpdrive.

Any other ideas?

How are you uploading the movies? I remember that GPDrive kills large files (I think ones over 30mb, but it could be 15), or certainly used to, particularly when used on 2K, so it could simply be something to do with that. Or of course, there's always batteries, which are often not an obvious problem (mainly as the LED doesn't fade).

If that doesn't work, you might want to use the error-checking function of the official firmware or Pacrom on your SMC and see if that's the problem. Also, try watching the movies on a PC player and seeing if those files are corrupted. Then copy the ones on your GP back across and try again. If they play the same as the original ones did, then the problem is less likely, if not impossibly, with the movies' corruption, and more likely to be battery or GPCinema-based.

You might also want to try running GPCinema from a different firmware - if you're using Pacrom, try running the freelauncher first if that works, or you could always give the european firmware a shot.

Im using the euro bios and pclink to upload files.
I´ll try to reinstall gpcinema and see what happens
I tried windups andyafl
nothing worked

The link doesn´t work, could you check that please??

I will try gpdrive but Tobriand said that it kills large files, and movie files are always 50mb up.

God damn, why me?? Everybody else seems to get along with gpcinema just fine :angry:

Old it, link is working now!!! Thanks kolkman, i´ll try this later on, hope it helps

i´ll try gpdrive then :D

wel, there are a lot of options here that i can try, im pretty sure one of them is gonna work.

Thanks everyone, people here at gp32x are the s***** :)

You guys have been really helpful.

I´ll try everything and then let you know

The latest GpDrive should be ok, I am using mr spivs f/w and the free gpcinema, Uploaded my own rip of finding nemo at 119mb and apart from having to run it at 166mhz, it plays excelently.

Good luck.

Hmmmm, seems that gpdrive is used by most of you guys.
I´ll try it, thanks. By the way, with gpdrive, can we use a filename longer than 8 characters???
I was curious :p

I had problems like this for a long time, and it was really hard to track down the problem for me. I thought it was my AVI files, but I found out it wasn't. Then, I thought it was my GP32 or the BIOS, but since it did the same thing on both of my GP32s, that couldn't be right. Then, I assumed that my GPCinema had to be corrupt, but it turned out that it wasn't any of these things.

I finally found out that my SmartMedia Card was bad when I tried to use it to transfer a bunch of files between 2 PCs. When transferring, some of the files (the first ones I put on the card) would work, but after a certain point, the files wouldn't work anymore. This was also consistant with how GPCinema would act. If I would put on a few small videos, the first ones would work, but the later ones would reset the GP32.

Anyway, I finally did a low level format of my SMC, and then everything has worked great since then. Though, to do this, you probablly need the right hardware. Or, is there a GP32 firmware that will do low level formats?

A regular smc format won´t do the trick?

I remember getting an error message "ane error as ocurred during transfer"when i copied some roms to the genesis directory, but they worked fine. Never happened when copying avi files but......

What do you think? ;)

Back