GP32 PC Link

urbangangsta101

Still Fresh
dunno if this topic has already been posted, if it has, sorry, but i really need some help, ive had my GP32 for a few weeks, and its great, the only thing that gets me down in using the GP32 PC Link program (ive tried all the different versions up to 1.3.1) and i still get the same problem,
Basically i try downloading something onto my GP32 and i get a "Timed Out" error, or "Comunications Error" or some other damn error, that stops me from downloading stuff onto my lovely handheld! it happens about 7 out of 10 attempts, and its really annoying, ive tried using a Power Adapter instead of Batteries, but that hasnt sorted it either! makes my gaming life a misary!

im running WinXP Home, 3GHz P4, 1024MB Ram, USB 2.0 all latest drivers etc.

It's the link cable socket that goes into your GP32, mine is on the verge of total screwdom. Anyhoo a short solution is to hold the cable firmly in and and pull it slightly to the left when the GP32 is facing you it seems to improve the contact but you have to stay completely still until transfer is completed.......just buy a SMC writer for a small amount.

ok moved it to another one of my 6 USB 2.0 ports, so far no problems, had to install the drivers again, gunna test it properly tonight when i format my SMC and re install everything! if this fails, im gunna buy a Smart Media Card Read/Writer and/or a new Link Cable from GBAX.com. cheers for your help guys

Yeah, Built it myself had to do loads of hard work to get the cash, still stuff to buy, the compleate spec's are....

3GHz Pentium 4 (800MHz FSB 512KB Cache)
1024MB DDR400 PC3200 RAM
200GB Maxtor Hard Drive (although XP is only letting me use just over 120GB of it)
128MB NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti4600
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Player
Gigabyte 8KNXP Motherboard (P4 Titan Series Intel 875P Chipset)
Shitty 56K Modem (Diamond Supra Express)
520w Power Supply
Black Antec PlusView 1000 SOHO File Server Case (Side Window Panel)
(Inside lit up in a cool blue by 5 80mm L.E.D Fans)
Black 16x DVD-ROM Drive and 52x24x52 CD-RW Drive
Black Yamaha 2.1 Speakers
(soon will buy) 19Inch Black Mitsubishi Monitor
Black Keyboard and Black Intellimouse (from Alienware)
PS2 Controler (with USB Converter)

and of course......... my cool-as-a-cuecumber GP32!!!!!!

Wish i could get a Black GP32 to match!!!!

Yeah, i was thinkin a black gp would look sweet, maybe in a docking station? If one was released that would be a fine accessory. Well u pissed all over my p2 350mhz comp, and trod on it, but its fine for the od bit of unreal n e way :p. Still jelous tho

Funny you should say that, my first computer was a P2 350Mhz, i used to play Max Payne on it, about 4 frames per second! :D

Yeah the docking station would look cool, you never know! still think they should bring out express-on covers, like the nokia ones, for your GP32, i saw a British Flag Cover for the GameBoy Advance, and it looked kinda cool!

My first PC was a compaq presario running at 100Mhz (slower than GP32 wow!) it's killer app was MS publisher and my only playable game was Dark forces (as I didn't know how to load anything else lol) Anyhoo I'm now sitting on a comfortable 1.4 Athlon thunderbird although it runs at 76 degrees C no matter how cool I try to keep it.

Anyhoo(again) I found that changing USB port didn't help even with a driver re-install as I think my cable is just plain broken.

Back