What roms is a must have?

Raid72

Still Fresh
Hi all!

I just bought the GP32 and don't know where to start with the emulators.

Installed a few GP32 games free and commercial. And of course Doom! :D

What is a must have for the emulators. I only had a C64 in my early days som I have no idea what roms to get for SNES, GBA etc etc..

If anyone could give me a few pointers on wich titles that are good I would very much appreciate it!

Thanx!

/Raid

Get LittleJohn NES emu and Super Mario Bros. 1,2,3, Megaman 1, Metroid, Zelda 1+2, Wrecking crew, Ice climber and ofcourse Punch Out.. :>

/Zider

all i can say is gpengine and raiden + r-type and ninja spirit though the intro bits for ninja spirit make no sense ( crazy stars attack ninja man he collapses dog howls then strange japanese symbols......... then the game begins crazy ! ) cant wait for some kind of save support :D

GP32 :
++ Doom 1, Doom 2, Final Doom (Evnt. Nog 3de party's wad's)
++ Hexen
++ Hertic
++ Tomhawk save the Earh
++ Mill
++ Wolfenstein 3d, Wolfenstein speare of destini

Nes :
++ Earthbound
++ MG
++ Mario (allemaal)
++ Duckhunt
++ Famicom Wars
++ Zelda
++ Metriod
++ MegaMan
++ Metriod
++ The Turtels

Snes :

-- Chrono Triger
++ Mario (alle)
-- Secret of mana
++ FF5
-- Earthbound
++ Super Famicom Wars
++ Fire Emblem
++ Sim City 2000
++ Pilot Wings
++ Graduis 3/Salamander
++ Mario Kart
++ F-Zero
++ Metriod
++ Sword of Mana
++ Breath of Fire
++ StarFox
++ Bomberman

C64 :
Alleen de echte toppers aangezien er 15000 games voor de C64 zijn
++ Litle computer people
++ Hacker
++ Fist of the lotus
++ Forbidden forist
++ Senitel
++ Elite
++ Paradriod
++ Sanxion
++ Dropzone

Atari :
Geen onderschied tussen de verschillende systemen
++ Coke Wins //Heb ik nu :)
++ Kangaroo //Heb ik nu :)
++ Vanguard //Heb ik nu :)
++ Wargames //Heb ik nu :)
++ Super Cobra //Heb ik nu :)
++ Jr. Pacman //Heb ik nu :)
++ Donkey Kong JR. // heb ik nu :)
++ Space Invaders // Heb ik nu inclusief 2600 invaders :)
++ Civilication

WonderSwam (Color) :
++ FF 1-4 Remake

Neo Geo Pocket (Color) :
++ Meteal Slug

Pc Engine :
++ 1942
++ Graduis
++ R2 type

ColecoVision :
++ Artillery Duel
++ Zaxxon

Dragon 32
++ The ring of darkness
++ Galagon

Msx (1 en 2)
++ MG

GB/GBC :
-- Pokemon Red/Blue
++ Pokemon Yellow
++ Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
++ Dragon Warior
++ Zelda DX
++ Zelda Oracle of Seasons/Ages
++ Tetris DX
++ Pokemon PinnBall
++ Pokemon Trading Card ame

SCUMM
++ Monkey Island 1 and 2
++ Indiana Jones and The Fates of Atlantis
++ San & Max
++ The day of the tentacles

I copy > past it from a file with the games i would like to play/have. Just don't look at the (dutch) comment

edit// added the GP32 must-haves

Roms I always have on my SMC -

C64 - get Revenge of the Mutant Camels, if only for the intro music!!, Rainbow Islands
SMS - Road Rash, Sonic, Lemmings
SNES - Bust-A-Move, Super Mario, Worms, Super Putty
GB - Tetris (of course!), Tetris DX, Mario DX, Super Marioland 2, Oddworld Adventures, Micro Machines, Mario Tennis, R-Type DX

Raid72 posted on Aug 16 2003 said:
I only had a C64 in my early days som I have no idea what roms to get for SNES, GBA etc etc..
There is no public GBA emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get castaway, the great atari ST emulator, and download stunt car racer forthwith. Best 16 bit racer. Ever. Graphics by today's standards are obviously dated, but the gameplay is superb.

Other ST notables I'm playing at the moment include Xenon 2, Speedball 2, Sidewinder, Llamatron, Supercars 1 & 2, SWIV - the list goes on and there's many more I plan to get into. Do a search on the web and you'll find many sites devoted to the ST and its great catalogue of games.

I'm not sure about some of those C64 games, mate...

++ Senitel - an excellent game, but surely there's a better version than the C64's. It wasn't exactly king of the vector games. An ST version maybe?

++ Elite - don't bother with this game at all for the GP32. The game itself is amazing, but you just don't have enough buttons on the GP32 to control the game. Now, I HAVE played Elite: New Kind on the GBA, and it actually played very well. Unfortunately, whoever did the GP32 port ported from the PC original (where you have a full keyboard). Someone please port the GBA version!!! :D

++ Paradroid - a great game, but does anyone else have a problem with the sound - white noise running as a backing track that eventually fades out after a few minutes. Incidently - avoid Paradroid 90 on the ST. Risible, and you can barely make out what's going on - gaining control is way too difficult with the palette choice.

++ Sanxion - I don't recall this specific game, but I do remember having it in a 10 game compilation from Thalamus. It didn't get played very much as the other games in the set were so good. Delta was passable, but pounded into the ground by it's follow-up Armalyte (a very tough right to left side scroller). Hawkeye was also there. Que-dex and Hunter's Moon were also there.

++ Dropzone - a Defender clone of the highest quality.

I'd like to add Rainbow Islands, International Karate+ (the C64 is better than the ST, as the timing is more constant even if the balls incorrectly hit you occasionally) and Gyruss. I'd really like to say Chuckie Egg too, but it doesn't seem to work :(

Like centrlink, I'm investigating the ST scene at the moment. The ST had great graphics and sound without the bells and whistles of the Amiga, which makes it a better proposition for emulation. Xenon 2, Speedball 2, Dungeon Master, Civilization. There are loads of good games for it. I didn't have one as a kid (I had a C64 then a 286, and it has been PC all the way until I got my GP32 recently).

ColinR posted on Aug 16 2003 said:
I'm not sure about some of those C64 games, mate...
I haven't played them yet... It's copy pasted from a personal list of roms/games i that sounds fun to me :) I have added the games you mentioned :) and hope to play them very soon.

BTw : the list is at the moment 18 kb in file size and i haven't added much C64 Or atari games :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh, the master system is so ignored, its my fav old skool system =/

I got about 180 Master System games on my SMC, and I love every single one of em!

i havent tried it myself yet, but how does the snes emus work with the gp32 with the lack of buttons? does the start and select act as 2 buttons?

Back