What Kind Of Metal Parts Does The Case Contain?

Now that the joke is out of the way, the only parts I recall being made of metal are the hinge tube and the crews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitel said:
Case will be a bit smaller the GP2X, and will be a mix of metal and plastic.

I think there was a time when there was going to be metal disks under/around the analog nubs, but for some reason that's been scrapped.

I thought it looked really awesome though, reflecting the light off the screen, making it look like a pair of eyes changing colour :p

The case is all plastic now.

The metal of the old nubs can't be considered a case part though, as it was part of the nubs themselves. It's interpretable though and might be what was meant.

Gruso said:
I believe he's asking about the carry case doods. ;)
:blink:
Damn, you seem to be right. A proper quote would have helped in the first place.

edit:
Seems like the non-carry case is meant

vapourstreak said:
Hey,

I plan to get either a Pandora or Wiz with the money I will get after I manage to sell my PSP and DS, bt I can't decide which one. I looked up on wikipedia and the pandora wiki and this is that I found out:

Comparision said:
Pandora:

[b}General[/b]
The name: Pandora
Dimensions: 140 x 83 x 27 mm (slightly larger than a DS Lite: vs 133 mm × 73.9 mm × 21.5 mm)
Price: 199 GBP(incl. VAT) (approx. $330 USD, 212 € (excl. VAT)
Release date: April/May 2008 for dev units, summer 2008 for full production units (can and will be changed if needed)
Case will be a bit smaller the GP2X, and will be a mix of metal and plastic.
Core Hardware:
Texas Instrument's OMAP3530 System-on-chip. Specifications can be found at this link:
PowerVR SGX GPU (OpenGL ES 2.0, several million polygons per second). OpenGL ES demonstrated:
128MB of DDR SDRAM.
Real Time Clock (RTC) built in, to keep track of time.
256MB of internal flash memory.
[etc.]

Gruso said:
Oh I see. An unlinked quote from September 2008. Nice one.
This quote is from here: http://pandorawiki.org/Pandora#Full_Specs

Vitel said:
This quote is from here: http://pandorawiki.org/Pandora#Full_Specs

In the wiki, it's still specified that the pandora will be released during summer 2008...
Like in "It's not been updated for years!".

So yeah, since a few things have changed, like the case that is completely made of black plastic ;)

strider_mt2k said:
No one can destroy the metal.

The metal will strike you down with a vicious blow.

We are the vanquished foes of the Metal
We tried to win for why we do not know

:D

Back