What have you bought recently?

There was 0% chance that I wasn't going to pre-order this.
hatsune-miku-project-diva-mega39-s-statue-figurizm-catch-the-wave-25cm.webp

^- I have to ask: do you own a resin printer? If I was into figurines I'd get one of those and a set of paints. The quality you get out of those things is amazing.

No.

My painting skills leave something to be desired and I don't have any time to improve them.

Also I only purchase/wish to own officially licensed stuff which is my way of showing support.
I also looked into resin printers (as they do get nice quality prints), but I wouldn't feel comfortable handling the resin, the fumes and its waste products. A regular 3D printer has less of those.
Examples: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-resin-resin/resin-safety/

The 161-in-1 NEO-GEO AES Game cartridge came in, very well packed, came in an official looking cartridge box. It has a sticker with a list of all the games, it looks as if it would be something that would be attached to an arcade machine. Every game I've tried worked fine, not sure what the difference is between some of the versions are, some have + versions and some seem like remixes likely some ROM hacks? , but for the most part it's everything I need and considerable cheaper than buying all these carts individually and Flashcarts seem non-existent in stores for the NEO-GEO or priced more than the Console themselves. So I say it's a win.

Also the MVS (Arcade Cartridge) to AES adapter came in, tried it on my Arcade version of Metal Slug 2, works as intended with no issues.

20220516_163937.jpg20220516_164011.jpg20220516_164024.jpg20220516_163950.jpg20220516_164058.jpg20220516_163119.jpg20220516_163212.jpg

Last edited:

Don't worry I didn't pay the rip off price that that site is charging I paid £20.99 on Amazon instead.

The watch that I recently purchased (see previous post) is better than I thought. The weather forecasting feature + compass work pretty well and it survived a thunderstorm today. I'm even surprisingly fond of the negative LCD display.

Reactions: rSl
It weighs a ton too. Luckily I've spent many years "training" my wrist for just such an occasion as this. ;)

Also in other news I found a video about it on YouTube.

Ah, I have a Casio watch with barometer/altimeter too. Have to keep on calibrating the altimeter, because it uses the barometer data to know how high you are.
I stopped using it. The cell batteries it uses are as expensive as buying new watches, and it needs 2: one for the time, one for the sensors.
But yeah, you could see a drop in pressure (it has a nice graph), and then you knew it was going to rain.

Yesterday I bought a cheap Chinese phone (Android) from France. My WhatsApp stopped working on my iPhone (I get this message to upgrade, but the OS won't allow an upgrade because it's too old). I still use it, because I connected it to a webbrowser, where I can still reply (and it seems to survive hibernation, so that's good). And my Purism/LibreM has been delayed yet again, so I had no choice.

I have a Citizen ECO drive watch i bought in 2000 still working perfectly and worn almost every day since then... had the crystal replaced twice because i put my hand out to stop a lift door closing and it cracked it :$:|:'(

I have a Citizen ECO drive watch i bought in 2000 still working perfectly and worn almost every day since then... had the crystal replaced twice because i put my hand out to stop a lift door closing and it cracked it :$:|:'(
did your wrists survive the elevator door?

Beware that as I understand it, elevators in china and taiwan see an obstruction and go, 'cool, let's see if I can crush it?'' Once sufficiently close the lift itself will move off regardless of what you've left on the outside.

Back