What have you bought recently?

Nice. Just beware that phone seems to be 2G only. I don't think that's an issue in the UK going forward, but if you're elsewhere that might have been turned off already even.

My moto x4 has been dying a slow painful death for the past 3 or so months, and I needed a new, preferably better phone for around 300 bucks since I think spending much more than that isn't worth it for the kinds of things I use a phone for. Oh and I need it to be small, I would get a phone with a 4 inch screen if those were still a thing. Narrowed it down to either a pixel 4a or a samsung s10e, the s10e is definitely the better choice by a slight margin but for 300 bucks I'd be getting a refurbished one vs a new 4a. In the end I decided to go with the s10e crossing my fingers hoping it lasts longer than the 2 1/2 years I got out of this moto x4. (pretty good phone otherwise)
Also, really looking forward to be able to take much better photos.

what else.
uhm.. that is not what the PE is advocating.

addendum:

Even though the grid can be used to control people and removing their "only" way to organize opposition (as mass gatherings are getting illegal) I think it needs to be there for the rise of 6G (with your own registered personal IP address that you get at birth; mandatory login before you can send packages). 6G will be required for the 4th industrial revolution. If you remember the 3rd one, people were replaced by machines. In the 4th, the people are the machines, genetically modified by Reverse Transcriptase that is used in the delivery mechanisms tested and perfected with the covid vaccine back in 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
I bought a MIDI-keyboard (Arturia KeyStep37), unlike some others this one can be used as a stand-alone keyboard in combination with a MIDI-synthesizer via the MIDI-port (so no computer required).
Small enough to store in my workspace but big enough to actually play some tunes on.
arturia_keystep-37.jpg

I bought a MIDI-keyboard (Arturia KeyStep37), unlike some others this one can be used as a stand-alone keyboard in combination with a MIDI-synthesizer via the MIDI-port (so no computer required).
Small enough to store in my workspace but big enough to actually play some tunes on.
View attachment 37074
Oh, wow... a sequencer+midikeyboard in one. Those things have USB midi too, right? Is that USB also MIDI? (I'm reading that it's working through wine to be able to use LMMS - sounds complex)

Awesome, i also like to play around on the synthesizer in Music Stores, but I don’t own one.. im more in Guitar as I find them much more practical to carry to scout camps ^^
My sister had an electronic keyboard in the 90thes I also played around whit the different build in tunes, but I can’t play more than „All my Ducks „
„Alle meine Endchen“

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
View attachment 37074
no computer = awesome.

midi is a rad protocol that has stood the test of time.

Oh, wow... a sequencer+midikeyboard in one. Those things have USB midi too, right? Is that USB also MIDI? (I'm reading that it's working through wine to be able to use LMMS - sounds complex)
It can do MIDI over USB, although I only tried under Windows to see if that works.
The sequencer is more basic compared to the more expensive model. It does come with an arpeggiator which is nice to have.

If the Pyra works in combination with this keyboard, then that would be really nice. They usually show it working with an iPad, they provide a splitter cable so you can charge and use the keyboard at the same time.

Awesome, i also like to play around on the synthesizer in Music Stores, but I don’t own one.. im more in Guitar as I find them much more practical to carry to scout camps ^^
My sister had an electronic keyboard in the 90thes I also played around whit the different build in tunes, but I can’t play more than „All my Ducks „
„Alle meine Endchen“
I can play badly on the keyboard, but not on the guitar and not for not trying but the fingers hurt too much and I guess I stopped (still have a small guitar, which I can tune with the Pandora). So I look up to you 'cause you can play guitar, because you endured the fingerpain.
However, as it goes for keyboards, newer keyboards, even cheaper entry models (I have the EZ-220) sound much better than the older ones (I have an old PSS-790; I think it's from the nineties too); although it has less features.
But a keyboard, just like the guitar, learning a few of the chords, you can improvise away (though you need to know which note will sound how you want the melody to continue, just like with a guitar)

Back