What have you bought recently?

It's almost impossible to get a modern TV without it being "smart" , sadly. I'd recommend not connecting it to any network.
I still use a beautiful CRT. Not only does it respect my privacy, it should even work with R.O.B. and the NES Zapper! (I've been led to believe that those only work with CRTs because of scanlines.) I got it for free.

I still use a beautiful CRT. Not only does it respect my privacy, it should even work with R.O.B. and the NES Zapper! (I've been led to believe that those only work with CRTs because of scanlines.) I got it for free.
People forget how good CRTs actually still are. Stuff like motion blur and anti-aliasing that graphics add to these 8K or whatever (to defeat the object of the high resolution), and then they add contrast and exaggerated colours to make the higher resolution look better to ordinary human eyes... none of which is really a problem with (a good) CRT.

I spent the longest time on the PS1 and games like Time Crisis and Point Blank! Really miss them!

I'd love a CRT if I had space. Almost ordered one from DragonBox, but it was sold out before I could snag one... that might be a bit of a pain now in the UK.

People forget how good CRTs actually still are. Stuff like motion blur and anti-aliasing that graphics add to these 8K or whatever (to defeat the object of the high resolution), and then they add contrast and exaggerated colours to make the higher resolution look better to ordinary human eyes... none of which is really a problem with (a good) CRT.

I spent the longest time on the PS1 and games like Time Crisis and Point Blank! Really miss them!

I'd love a CRT if I had space. Almost ordered one from DragonBox, but it was sold out before I could snag one... that might be a bit of a pain now in the UK.
When the dpi get high enough, you don't need anti-aliasing. But still TFTs are no good for movement. CRTs do great imaging, but are clunky and not very energy-efficient. And they degrade.
I'm waiting for µLED-screens to hit the market.

Reactions: rSl
A pair of Goldring NS-1000 headphones for home use. I'd forgotten how good they were (I used to have a pair a few years back).

Edit: Giving them a proper test. :D

Last edited:
Null's post about headphones made me order some of my own for use with my new TV. I'm poor and not an audiophile though, so I got the $50 Amazon bestsellers. Anker Soundcore Life Q20, in case anyone wants to look them up and have a laugh at me.

Apparently the only real problem a casual like me should have with them is that they get sweaty, according to reviews. This probably applies double to a fat guy living in the American South.

File_000.jpeg

a Rasp pi zero w, a 2 port OTG hub with option to power the peripherals via the third micro USB connector, a USB to MIDI cable and a Sabrent USB audio device. project is to make this into a MIDI sound module using fluidsynth and a decent soundfont. wasted a week trying to get sound out of the thing. hint use the older Jessie lite image. The new Buster image just would not output sound no matter what i tried, used the older Jessie image and the damn thing worked..... need to fix my Roland Sound Brush..... looks like a cap issue. this thing is cool. reads .mid files from a floppy and sends the output to a synth or a sound module...
maxresdefault.jpg

the Pi is to be a Sound Canvas or with the right soundfont any of the sound modules that were around like an MT-32...etc.

Last edited:
It’s a bit too small for a normal double cup of coffee,
On some Maschine, you can push the double cub button to fill a mugg, and usually then you have enough space left for colding it down whit milk, but the Pyra Mugg is only big enough for the coffee itself ^^
I drink usually a cub in a mugg where I then make the other half of milk as I have some trouble drinking hot stuff.. so it’s not a big deal for me, but others in my Household drink more coffee ^^

It’s a bit too small for a normal double cup of coffee,
On some Maschine, you can push the double cub button to fill a mugg, and usually then you have enough space left for colding it down whit milk, but the Pyra Mugg is only big enough for the coffee itself ^^
I drink usually a cub in a mugg where I then make the other half of milk as I have some trouble drinking hot stuff.. so it’s not a big deal for me, but others in my Household drink more coffee ^^
My coffee machine does not have this problem, you just pour straight from the carafe. Fills the mug to the correct level every time.

Well, bevore whe bought this Machine, i ditnt even drunk Coffee every Morning, but Cacao in cold Milk, and Coffe only on special Events (Birthdays etc (Coffee and Cake), so it wasnt that bad to buy this..
Also its no Pad Machine, but a Bean Machine, so not the worst.. ^^
But i think whe could make a extra Topic on Coffe and other Morning Drinks..

Lets Call it "Tee, Earl Gray, Hot" ^^

No Pictures because its Digital over the Nintendo E-Shop:
- Preeorder of Legend of Zelda, Skyward Swords HD (Nintendo Switch)
- Super Mario 3D World & Bowser Fury (Nintendo Switch)..

After 10 years I finally bought some parts to start building my new computer. My current computer did get upgrades during it's life to keep it a bit up-to-date, as planned. But I now run into it's limitations which hamper my work.
I've been putting it off to wait for the new AMD Ryzen CPU's, but those have been on the market for a couple of years now. Afterwards been waiting for prices to drop a bit, I guess now might be the worst time to try to get computer parts :p
Everything appears to be unavailable or expensive, especially high end CPU's and GPU's. Even older GPU's that I already once bought are now more expensive.

Back