What have you bought recently?

Hisense 55" H9G TV. 4K, HDR, full array dimming, runs Android TV.

Nothing to watch on it as of yet, because Spectrum has an Android app, but no Android TV app. :(

A friend's birthday is coming up soon and I've purchased him an unlimited data sim card (30 days). His usual limit is 2GB per month, which is usually adequate because he's more of an outdoorsy type person and I + other friends get him stuff if he needs anything. That of course went out of the window when lockdown hit. So I thought that extra mobile data would be a good gift.

https://link.infini.fr/_LmUV2vY (eBay link).

unlimited data sim
And in small letters under the contract: Throttles down to 7kbs after 1gb of usage :D
I totally bet thats the case.

Edit: After reading the ebay offer i must add:
1.This is 90% less than a similar service costs in germany.
2.Roaming the 20gb with this card is 5 bucks cheaper than using a german card in germany.
3.I am pissed now.

Last edited:
Dit someone remember the time, when whe took great care to not hit the WEB Button on our Cellphones because it was expensive as a pig (Schweineteuer), then whe had the Flatrates but took Care to not use it in French or other Countrys because it was expensive as a pig,
now they cancelet the ROAMING in the whole Europe, and i could sit in my Unimog in the Woods of the Vosquese, and Watch Walking Death on my Phone ^^

I just noticed that i never put my Pyra on this Thread, but as far as i have the 4 Gameboy Games i ordered, i will post..

Good news everyone. :)

1jQToLUj.png

So, after buying that $30 TV antenna, taking it out of the package, and setting it up, I found out that there's a free streaming service for broadcast television called Locast available in my area.

I feel kinda dumb now. But at least if the stream is bad during the Super Bowl, I'll have a backup.

Hi <Name>
Good day!
Your new SIM card has been activated.

Phone No.
Activation Code:
£25 goodybag: Always-on UK data, Unlimited mins & texts.
Starts: Today
Ends: 28 Feb. 23:59

Please reboot your phone if there is "No Service". If there are no internet connections please check internet settings on your device.
You may get a short delay before your new SIM card becomes activated. Usually within a few minutes, but sometimes it can take a little longer (up to 24 hours).

What can you do with extra credit?
*International calls/texts
*Premium calls/texts (numbers starting with 084, 087, 090)
*Roaming outside the EU
If no further topup is made on this SIM card within 3 months, it may be disconnected from the network.

Notes:
For your internet settings, such as APN, please refer to:
https://www.giffgaff.com/help/articles/internet-apn-settings-guide
https://www.giffgaff.com/help/articles/why-is-my-data-slow
APN: giffgaff.com
Username: giffgaff
Password: {Leave Blank}
Proxy: {Leave Blank}
You can dial 43430 Option 2: Voice confirmation of your balance, goodybag balance and expiry date of your goodybag.
To access adult contents, you will need to prove that you're over 18, this can be done by submitting a Driving License or Passport to giffgaff.
For more details please refer to giffgaff.com

Thank you very much for your business.
If you are satisfied with the service and product, please be sure to leave me a 5 star positive feedback.
If there are any issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch! Thanks

Best Regards
Y.E

Now I just need to post it to my friend. I was going to earlier today but I forgot (no one tell him :p).

Reactions: rSl
Back