What have you bought recently?

Epic mickey 1 and 2 for the Wii.
One of the older capture card devices used to save vcr videos to computer for $4.00 at goodwill.

My mom passed away about a month ago and while cleaning her closet happened upon a box with over a thousand photos. Everyone wanted the photos and I refused to part with the originals so bought a epson workforce wf-3640. Well worth the money and after putting the photos on a server the extended family stopped asking about taking my memories away from me.

Secret World of Alex mack. Cheap and silly tv series that was on Nickelodeon.

Lastly, The Adams family tv show series. I don't subscribe to cable or dish. Everything I watch is either on DVD or streaming videos from my phone. Those of you with a samsung phone, the allshare device sold from samsung is a fantastic device to stream videos on tv using your cellular connection. I can easily see the pyra eliminating this once I can get my hands on one lol

Coders at Work: Reflections on the Craft of Programming
Not sure where you are in your programming career, but avoid the pitfall of not programming by only reading about programming, as you might trick your brain into believing that you are working on it. As with any skill, hours spent doing it matter. A lot.

<edit>typo</edit>

Last edited:
Note sure where you are in your programming career, but avoid the pitfall of not programming by only reading about programming, as you might trick your brain into believing that you are working on it. As with any skill, hours spent doing it matter. A lot.
I'd add to that, somewhat conversely, to not rely on StackExchange and Google, as copy/paste coding is how not to understand programming (rather, it makes people believe that they are better at it than they are).

Note sure where you are in your programming career, but avoid the pitfall of not programming by only reading about programming, as you might trick your brain into believing that you are working on it. As with any skill, hours spent doing it matter. A lot.

Practicing by yourself only reinforces your mistakes though. And I'm not just saying that to justify my recent acquisition of Effective C++ by Scott Meyers.

...I'm also saying that to justify my future acquisition of Effective Modern C++ by Scott Meyers. >_>

Practicing by yourself only reinforces your mistakes though.
Well, you will need to become self-correcting. Both books and experience can help with that. Making mistakes and having to rework it all will change how you do things in the future, while books might aid in giving you e.g a theoretical understanding of quality properties and common patterns. That knowledge still needs to translate to practice. Just don't skip the exercises.

Blathering blatherskite! I bought GizmoDuck and Blanka figurines. Also, black hammered spraypaint to repaint a metal box I have that is rusting.

- Gameboy Micro USB Charging Cable
- Some Beats X Bluetooth Headphones, because they work pretty well whit my Iphone and my old Headphone fell of..

Nothing that its worth to make Pictures..

WK14_1x1_228x128_11.jpg

just got this from Aldi Australia.. $50 AUD..couldnt go past it...

"the design of everyday things" by don norman. i became super interested in industrial design lately for some reason (maybe because of all the nice handhelds people keep posting about :>)

Is that a saw?
[doublepost=1522952816,1522952758][/doublepost]
"the design of everyday things" by don norman.
+1
[doublepost=1522952998][/doublepost]
Practicing by yourself only reinforces your mistakes though.
I found "better" ways by profiling code (analize which parts are slow, and then rewrite parts as optimal as possible to get faster speed). Then I found that there is a delicate balance between readable (for co-workers) and fast...

sig:
People in the modern era want a Germany quality for a Chinese price.

programming career
I don't have one or wish to have one

Here's an example of what I get up to on a random day (today) at work.

• Change toner cartridge, was non oem so required a certain amount of faffing about to get to work because printer manufacturers are scumbags.
  • Design new staff name badges.
  • Design new equipment inspection record forms.
  • Make news post on company website/Facebook page.
  • General messing about with the company Facebook page.

Went to my parents house. Got forgotten stuff from my room. An Hiphop Ejay (scratching software+hardware). A Duke of Hazards game (meh, but hey, General Lee), Moving puzzle (just like a non-digital puzzle, but it moves... awesome concept, did never catch on)

Went to my parents house. Got forgotten stuff from my room. An Hiphop Ejay (scratching software+hardware). A Duke of Hazards game (meh, but hey, General Lee), Moving puzzle (just like a non-digital puzzle, but it moves... awesome concept, did never catch on)
I don't know why but I look at your favicon and think you're an old man. When you said your parent's I though 'crap they must be old!'

Another 20 euro Dragonbox voucher. I'm up to 140 euros now. Not sure if I'll be able to manage any more vouchers this month though. I'll be getting less weekly money out of the bank so I can afford to go to the beach for five days next month. My older sister's renting a beachhouse, wants me to chip in $200. Plus, I'll need spending money besides that. Might finally get that sunlight though.

Back