What have you bought recently?

After looking at them, most aren't even that interesting looking, so not much interest in the style really. I have seen other modern oil lamps that are nearly identical to some of them (and I think the people that use them use olive oil in them for tradition or something).

If I found one that looked like a part of some strange machine I might think about it, and possibly swap out my all glass one that I dislike. More likely is that I will eventually replace the terra cotta one with bronze if it gets regular use, as terracotta is leaky and breaks easily.

I seem to have a conan the barbarian obsession... could be a mid life crisis...

I bought the chronicles of conan by darkhorse comics. These are reprints of the earlier marvel comics strips. Good stuff. I have the original Howard tales in book form too... and I have started weight lifting... ok that last part is a lie.:p

I seem to have a conan the barbarian obsession... could be a mid life crisis...

I bought the chronicles of conan by darkhorse comics. These are reprints of the earlier marvel comics strips. Good stuff. I have the original Howard tales in book form too... and I have started weight lifting... ok that last part is a lie.:p
Ah, yes, the Lovecraft Circle! There are reprints of Weird Tales and other old magazines. Here are some with Howard's stories.

Ah, yes, the Lovecraft Circle! There are reprints of Weird Tales and other old magazines. Here are some with Howard's stories.
Yes, exactly. I was reading Howards biography online. He could have written many more tales and given his creations popularity enjoyed that success. He ended his own life so young. A waste. Quite sad.

Burn twice as bright and half as long. I need to check my math on that. He was an awesome author imo because of the diverse genres he wrote in.

Bought an original xbox yesterday with the good rgb scart cable, prince of persia games, jet set radio future and garbage games.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition for PS4

Geralt: Say, hunter, why do you live outside of town anyway?
Hunter: The townspeople chased me out, because I'm a freak.
Geralt: If it's lycanthropy, I know a cure for that.
Hunter: Oh no, it's not that. I'm just gay.

Heavy stuff, man. >_>

@Wally, should I do the same to my A2es that came from a school? I was thinking of painting one, but blew off the idea of bleaching them after long pondering it. They have all the markings and scars of being in a school, and discoloration is, I feel, a badge like all the other stuff.

I actually would like to get rid of a few of them since they are sitting in a closet. I am not selling them, but speak up if you are interested. I would rather they go to a good home where they will be used instead of being kept for spare parts here.

Bought me the Apple Sport Loop for the Watch
It’s the black version and looks pretty good,
I hope it’s works like I wants it too work, it’s should be better for Sport, and as it’s black it looks more business like than the Blue one I had
e8f9dd2483baa2143a256bd126dbbba8.jpg

Bought an original xbox yesterday with the good rgb scart cable, prince of persia games, jet set radio future and garbage games.
There's a good rgb scart cable, presumably indicates there's also a bad one? I bought an official one back in the day, but I was always suspicious looking at its reds that it was actually outputting composite. I never tried building a SCART to SCART cable with pins missing to test that out though.

You should TSOP the thing if it's not already modded which will at least allow the console to keep working if the HDD dies (as they're locked to the motherboard otherwise)

Relatively easy if it's softmodded already, just need to bridge some solder joints and flash the bios, Would suggest using slayers boot DVD to install.
[doublepost=1520028521,1520028338][/doublepost]
@Wally, should I do the same to my A2es that came from a school? I was thinking of painting one, but blew off the idea of bleaching them after long pondering it. They have all the markings and scars of being in a school, and discoloration is, I feel, a badge like all the other stuff.

I actually would like to get rid of a few of them since they are sitting in a closet. I am not selling them, but speak up if you are interested. I would rather they go to a good home where they will be used instead of being kept for spare parts here.

Yeah you should aye.. The 8 bit guy has some videos on how he does it as it's not exactly easy to explain and relies on decent sunlight etc etc.

I wouldn't use them, i'd probably end up selling them (besides it's going to be an NTSC computer

I am familiar with the process. Maybe if I decide to make some money off of them I will do it.

There's a good rgb scart cable, presumably indicates there's also a bad one? I bought an official one back in the day, but I was always suspicious looking at its reds that it was actually outputting composite. I never tried building a SCART to SCART cable with pins missing to test that out though.
Well what I meant is that it is the official SCART RGB cable (with a box and optical audio out) as opposed to the composite+scart adaptor that only does composite signal and comes with the console usually.
I already bought a Xbox before and it came with the composite cable. I then bought a noname component cable which has much better quality. So now I have all 3 cables.

You should TSOP the thing if it's not already modded which will at least allow the console to keep working if the HDD dies (as they're locked to the motherboard otherwise)
Relatively easy if it's softmodded already, just need to bridge some solder joints and flash the bios, Would suggest using slayers boot DVD to install.
Well I have another Xbox at my parent's home back in France. I did softmod this 1st one with Splinter Cell and a USB adaptor + USB flash drive (it was really difficult to find a flash drive that would work as a memory card). I also installed a bigger HDD in that one, about 300GB from what I remember.

This one I just got has trouble ready discs I found out this weekend. So when I have access to my softmodding kit I'm going to do it as well so that I can at least play games from the HDD. I mainly bought the lot for Jet Set Radio Future, the scart cable and the 2 controllers anyway. I think this 2nd Xbox will be used for LAN, I noticed there are games that support LAN multiplayer on Xbox.

I don't know about TSOP, my 1st Xbox is softmoded, the 2nd is not. This is a BIOS rewrite ? Well I guess I can google it.

Last edited:

Oh man, i have been interested in one for xbmc but i hear the dvd drives often fail.

Back