What Game ?

Cas

Hello

Does anybody know what game this and from which console ?

Sorry, picture not too good, found it online.

Game_example_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara

Capcom CPS2 (arcade)

Should be: Dungeon & Dragons - Shadow over Mystara

Not that hard as the screenshot already mentions half of the game-title. I am not 100% sure which platform the screenshot shows, but probably arcade (MAME).

well actually there are dedicated CPS2 emulators that could probablty play this also. (not on pandora though)

Both CPS2 Dungeons and Dragons games ran perfectly on the GP2X, and are two of the best side scrolling beat-um ups ever(with rpg over tones). Sadly, that emu was never brought to Pandora, and it wont run thru Ginge.

It ran a ton of kick ass games(full speed), and had an even more kick ass front end. Great shooters, fighters, and beat-em ups. I still have my full set from my 2X on my harddrive incase it ever gets brought to Pandora, but it's not looking likely. I'm not sure if the source has been lost or what, but the CPS2 emu is the only great emu from the GP2X days that the Pandy is missing.

Maybe Notaz can make some form of fix for Ginge that will allow the original to run, as it is truly AWESOME. Most of the CPS2 games should run thru MAMEex coming from StreaK, but is is aways good to have a dedicated emu when possible, as I'm not sure how well they will run. I saw Aliens VS. Predators in one of the vids, and it look a little slow. Oh well, one can dream! ;)

Edit:Here's a vid clip:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MTWz7K_wZOo?feature=oembed Sorry, but no D&D in this clip.

Maybe it will spark a fire under one of are great community programmers to deliver the goods. Thanks in advance.

Chris

^ Well, for now, at least, MAME 0.106 has supported CPS2 since day one, if that helps. :) It's full-speed with a little overclocking.

A picture from way back at the start of the Pandora's shipping time;

Pandora_CPS2-a.png

Well, to answer the original question(others have had stated it), this game was an arcade CPS2 release, and I belive the only home translations came to the Japanese Saturn.

Chris

Back