What Are Your Best Uses For The Wifi?

proxycell

Still Fresh
Howdy,

I just ordered myself a Caanoo and was wondering what the wifi is actually being used for?
Are there games or streaming content for it?

ProxyCell said:
Howdy,

I just ordered myself a Caanoo and was wondering what the wifi is actually being used for?
Are there games or streaming content for it?

The Auroura web browser is really good, and Streaming radio with Gmu music player.

Last edited by a moderator:
A year ago when I got my dongle there weren't enough stuff to see and only a web browser that was missing a virtual keyboard even. Much much later when my old Caanoo broke, I bought a new one and by that time there were some cool stuff that uses the wifi well. Aurora as said was the new browser which is much better (but I still have an easier time browsing the net from my android phone), PSP-Maps which downloads and views maps from Google Maps and other services, some other stuff I haven't tried much (ftp, irc, etc) and the Openhandhelds Browser which is the best use I am doing with my Caanoo.

It's a good easy to use menu where you look at the file archive in this site and download whatever you want and it automatically installs it for you too. Usually I just download new stuff and add it myself, but it's quite a nice feeling to do it with the wifi dongle when you are away from your PC. And it works fast and well.

p.s. didn't know GMU has streaming radio. Wow, gotta try!

The Arora Browser also has a save file feature, the other day I realised I was missing a rom so I just went to a site and downloaded it straight to my my Caanoo. :)

Optimistic said:
Internet radio with GMU is fantastic.

Hey Optimistic do you know any good internet radio sites that work well with GMU?

I don't know what kind of music you like, but I listen to Radio Paradise and my wife listens to Soma FM station, Bootlicker, for alternative/independent country/bluegrass music.

Pretty much any site that has a downloadable m3u file for streaming will work.

I have never used a wifi dongle on my caanoo.. is there a special one you have to use specifically for the device? How powerful is the signal compared to say, like a laptop?

There is a thread around the forum that states a few alternatives to caanoo wifi, some have broader range, some are quite compact.

As for a radio...you can always slay a while on slayradio...

Erico,Optimistic: Thanks for the info, Actually Slay Radio was the first one I tried :)

zsonance said:
I have never used a wifi dongle on my caanoo.. is there a special one you have to use specifically for the device? How powerful is the signal compared to say, like a laptop?

I use a msi us300ex lite II and a generic dongle i got off Ebay for cheap $5.00

Back