What Are Sony Thinking

R

royston79

doesnt seem anybody else has mentioned it so I will what the hell are going throught the mind of those suits in the sony hq, i mean its bad enough they stopped all the little company like nuplayer.co.uk from selling there products shipped from japan to the hardcore gameing community. They dont know when to let go, less than a month from the official launch and they sue liksang and for what. Japan law states they are doing nothing wrong and are free to sell to the global community once a product is launched in there country (japan for the late).

So whats it all over, seems its the way they have been marketing it, when I brought mine from them, it did lead me to beleive games brought globally would work on any psp but surely this is a selling point of the psp otherwise why would they make it region free. If there so against importing and importee's and importer's why dint they lock up there machine like they did with every other product they have ever produced. Could it be that they knew this would happen and thought this is a perfect opportunity to take control over the market + make a big deal over nothing, expliot honest people (liksang) for there dishonestey (sony) +( makeing umd which stands for universal media disk). Doesnt sound like they want it to be as universal as they make out !!

Yeah, quite frankly it's annoying.

Nintendo treat Europe like shit (although they have been improving) and now Sony want to cut our life lines. Paying £80 more 10 months later than Japan? No wonder they want to keep us away.

yeh its a cheek how sony give japan the psp for less but the local Gamestation near me is selling the PSP value pack on launch day for £119.99 which isnt bad. Still its crap how they sued lik-sang. If they didnt want their machines to be distributed worldwide then they should have put a region lock on them. wat next though? are they gonna sue ebay for the countless amount of people selling them to europeans?

Ganepark32 posted on Aug 9 2005 at 09:38 AM said:
yeh its a cheek how sony give japan the psp for less but the local Gamestation near me is selling the PSP value pack on launch day for £119.99 which isnt bad. Still its crap how they sued lik-sang. If they didnt want their machines to be distributed worldwide then they should have put a region lock on them. wat next though? are they gonna sue ebay for the countless amount of people selling them to europeans?

£119.99?

Sure it didn't say £179.99?

Last edited by a moderator:
any of you european cats wanna buy a 1.50 psp? i want to get rid of mine(in good condition, no dead pixels) for about $220 including the spiderman movie, box, and a 256mb memory card.
maybe i'll go ebay..they don't seem to be selling too well, though.

edit:
n/m, not sure on psp selling info^^

Nope. It definitely says that they will be selling the PSP value pack there for £119.99. Dont know y but it says they are gonna be selling it for that price.

Ganepark32 posted on Aug 9 2005 at 03:34 PM said:
Nope. It definitely says that they will be selling the PSP value pack there for £119.99. Dont know y but it says they are gonna be selling it for that price.

Mmm, we'll wait and see.

I can't see why they would, I doubt they even buy them in for that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
this baffles me as well. Regardless if the UK launch is a month away or not, Sony is still making money on selling the units and its games. Just because they have a different firmware shouldn't make a difference. The vast majority of people will not be using the PSP for emu and homebrew, and i can't imagine there are that many people in the UK importing these to make a huge impact on opening day sales.

Back