What Are All These Dingoos?!

Pleng

Dingoo 330EX on ebay Looks like a standard Dingoo in a hoopy new case? No technical specs in the listing.

Dingoo a380 on ebay Appears to be a a 330 in a more traditional Dingoo style case, but with horribly coloured buttons!

Are these items official? Legit? Anybody know anything about them????

DealExtreme has the A330EX cheaper than that. I haven't seen the A380 yet.

The A330EX appears to be identical to the Gemei A330, but is Dingoo branded.

I went for the A320 because, apparently, the A330 isn't entirely backwards-compatible (and I really wanted a Dingoo for the Lynx emulator that's up on the file archive).

Pleng said:
Dingoo 330EX on ebay Looks like a standard Dingoo in a hoopy new case? No technical specs in the listing.

Dingoo a380 on ebay Appears to be a a 330 in a more traditional Dingoo style case, but with horribly coloured buttons!

Are these items official? Legit? Anybody know anything about them????
I still haven't figured out the various Dingoo companies, but here's what I've managed to pick up so far researching this:
The Dingoo Digital A320 was by the original company using 32MB RAM and the JZ3732 SoC.

[EDIT2]
The splitoff Dingoo Tech company released the A330 which was an A320 with 64MB RAM, but the native OS only used 32MB while Dingux uses all 64MB. They also made some A320 knockoffs but the quality was reported to be lower.
[/EDIT2]

Then Gemei came along and released their A330, but it used the CC1800(IIRC) SoC which has an ARM11 CPU, and a GPU. From what I gather gemei ported the original Dingoo OS to this.
This also appeared later as the Dingoo Digital A330EX, apparently just a rebranding of the Gemei A330 as it has identical specs.
There was also a "fashion" version of the Gemei A330 that was cheaper but lacked the wireless play component, haven't seen this as a Dingoo Digital rebrand yet.
Booboo was apparently in contact with ChinaChip about doing a Dingoo port officially(?) for these but something happened along the way there and it's, apparently on hold, but IS working on a Dingux port for some JZ4755 based handheld console(R480?)

Lastly there is the Dingoo Tech A380 which again has 64MB RAM, but apparently uses the JZ4755 SoC which includes a "VMU" for video processing and runs at a slightly higher clock rate, again this has a MIPS based CPU and apparently runs Dingux out-of-the-box which I guess made some people unhappy, and they have, apparently, as of yet to release the GPLed sources with whatever changes that they made.
Also there is a Russian handheld named the R480 which sounds suspiciously like a rebranded A380 but it's not out yet and I've found very little hard info on it other than it runs Dingux and uses the JZ4755 so maybe this is the one that booboo is porting Dingux to...

Lovely muddle isn't?

I wish that they'd either make one with the JZ4770(has GPU 1GHz) OR at least some cortex-a8 SoC with a GPU, e.g. Qualcomm MSM8XXX (or APQ 8XXX) with Adreno 2XX GPU(formerly ATI) AND at least 256MB RAM should be possible in the c. $100 range as Archos can make the Archos A43IT and sell it for c. $210 and there are a number of expensive components that could be cut from that, i.e. things that a handheld console doesn't need, e.g. touchscreen, less onboard storage, etc.

[EDIT2]
Added in some edits specifying which Dingo company is associated with which Dingo console. I just hope that I remembered all the Dingoo company releases correctly per dingoonity info...
[/EDIT2]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back