Slider Keyboard

ion

Still Fresh
I don't see any advantage of the current keyboard versus a sliding keyboard to be honest. Or if you don't want to do that, you could have a swiveling keyboard with a cover.

Example: Take the keyboard off current design and put it on the back with some type of cover. That way, if you want to use the keyboard, you just swivel it, take the cover off and put it on the game side. That way the back is covered, and there is more space for the keyboard. Albeit the design flaws are obvious, but I don't see a better idea without gimping both ends of functionality.

Hi ion, welcome to the forum :D As you might have known, there is a lot of discussion about the keyboard (it appears you've read up about it).

The keyboard discussions are a pretty hot topic around here and in order to keep things together in one thread, could you please post your idea here?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ion said:
I don't see any advantage of the current keyboard versus a sliding keyboard to be honest.
The big advantage is that nobody involved in the project gets sued, compared to using the patented idea of a sliding keyboard :)

Squidge said:
ion said:
I don't see any advantage of the current keyboard versus a sliding keyboard to be honest.
The big advantage is that nobody involved in the project gets sued, compared to using the patented idea of a sliding keyboard :)

I'm sure, only specific Sliding methods are patented, not the whole Keyboard-Sliding Idea. You just have to find a technique, no others use....in theory... ^^

fusion_power said:
I'm sure, only specific Sliding methods are patented, not the whole Keyboard-Sliding Idea. You just have to find a technique, no others use....in theory... ^^
Yeah that's what I was wondering, because I see different brands of cellphones and PDA's all having sliding keyboards..

But even if that was true, I think it's a hell of work figuring out some good new slide-technique, and making it all fit.. They just took the durable and convenient way out I guess, and I like it :)

(I already imagine people posting topics here: OMFG my keyboard broke off because my sister was accidentally sitting on it when it was lying on the couch, any way to repair it? should I send it back?)

Back