Weird Ubuntu Boot error. (Yes, this is on the Pandora.)

fritata

Ugh, just look at the image. Obviously I'm not using the GRUB boot loader, so no amount of Google searches helped me solve this . . .

DSC00219.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you ever get this figured out? I need to install Ubuntu on my P for my CS class and don't want to be in the same position as you...

Nope.

I know I have to add a --no-log somewhere, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know where.

Just got Ubuntu working on my 1st edition Pandora following directions here: http://lxtek.de/pandora/ubuntu/

So far it seems OK, but really, really slow.  Also, can't use the digitizer at the moment -- I'll have to figure out how to enable.

I also got all the odd, error messages, but I just waited it out, and soon enough got the Ubuntu welcome screen.

I did have to edit boot.txt though to point to uImage-3 correctly and to use the partition I set up.

So far, I've tried out using four distros: Angstrom, Android, Slackware, and now Ubuntu.  :D

^ Android is full, it's not running a virtual machine.. it closes down all the Angstrom related processes and starts Android. Android and GNU|Linux can boot the same Linux kernel why it's possible to boot it without restarting the Pandora. 

Windows 3.11, 95, 98 etc can be run with Qemu as well.. 

Windows 3.11, 95, 98 etc can be run with Qemu as well.. 
By the way, is there any good software that is still worth the pain of running Win95 on Pandora, for example ? (not talking about games here).  

^ Android is full, it's not running a virtual machine.. it closes down all the Angstrom related processes and starts Android. Android and GNU|Linux can boot the same Linux kernel why it's possible to boot it without restarting the Pandora.
SOrry but if the Android PND does not have its own kernel, it's by definition not a full distro :)  

SOrry but if the Android PND does not have its own kernel, it's by definition not a full distro
It would either be running the Kernel provided by the original cyanogenmod gingerbread image which is most likely less optimized or the Pandora one.. it doesn't make it less of a distribution.

By the way, is there any good software that is still worth the pain of running Win95 on Pandora, for example ? (not talking about games here).
Well if you exclude games then I say there isn't much.

Back