GP32 We need an Amiga emulator for GP32 !

deltamdx

Still Fresh
Hi,

i'm gonna buy of these bad boys soon as i love emulators of old computers console and i can't believe what this thing can emulate. This handheld is class :D.

I see that there is a Atari ST emulator, we really need to see an Amiga one too. Can you imagine SWOS on the GP32.

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEE

I doubt this is possible, but I am willing to be proven wrong. The Amiga has a few custom chips meaning to acheive emulation a very powerful CPU is needed.

Also, you can play Sensi Soccer on the ST, MD and SNES. The ST version plays the best IMHO.

i think a basic A500 would be doable... so does sum1 else whom i cant remember.
this just an opinion
ive never coded an emu so i cant really begin to speculate accurately :D .

NoBrain2k posted on Apr 28 2003 said:
i think a basic A500 would be doable... so does sum1 else whom i cant remember.
this just an opinion
ive never coded an emu so i cant really begin to speculate accurately :D .
it could be doable, as UAE already emulates it for a PC. whether it would run at a decent rate on the GP32 is the question. I doubt people would spend the time to port it only for it to be next to useless. if you see what i mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
different strokes for different folks I guess.

IMHO Sensi allowed for a truer game of football due to the great control mechanism and the ability to see a lot of the pitch and many of your players at once. B)

kick off 2 played a good game of soccer, but the scrolling and control, on the ST version for sure, left a lot to be desired. and theere was the "feature" that you could always score from a kick off! :rolleyes:

Kick Off 2 was good for a while but Sensi just blew it away, I seem to remember it being top of the Amiga sales charts for over a year!

Turning was a real problem in KO2 unless I was just really bad at it, the ball just kept going forward!

Fellow ran Ami stuff on the PC on a p75 with some frame skip. The GP is feasably faster than a pentium 75, so it is doable. BUT, fellow was written in assembler, and took ages to do. So the GP version would have to be in ARM/thumb to get any decent speed out of it. A port of UAE wouldn't work so hot- it's written in highly portable C (e.g. bloated and unoptomised-but still very cool!). But I would love to see it. Although the ST port has taken the pressure off a bit, now I have dungeon master at least :)

I was a Kick Off 2 fanatic, we and my friends played it non-stop. We did our own leagues and cups and had actual trophies made for them all!!!!!!

Oh the joys of playing till 3am in the morning!!!!!

Hmmmmmm if I remember corectly it was Kick Off 1 where you could score from the kickoff but I could be wrong.......

Once you got the hang of the controls it was a fantastic game and prob one of the only ones where you controled the ball instead of it sticking to your feet.

My speciality was the freekicks, I did ones that would make Becks drool!!!!

Adios,
Matt

Back