We Are Still Doing The Boards+Population In The Usa, But It Looks Like

Monk

Caveman Ninja
So. Here's a thread to rant about Craig's latest Pandora build twit:

We are still doing the boards+population in the USA, but it looks like the actual casing of the units will have to be done by us.

http://twitter.com/Craigix

Do we start the ranting now, or wait till someone says something informative?

Depending on when the Ps arrive, I'll drive over to ED for a weekend and help him assemble ;)

I'll gladly fly over to the UK / Germany to help with assembly. I'm better at disassembly, but hey.. Not what most people do for vacation, but i'm odd.

I've fixed DSs, taking them apart and rolling that screen cable and threading it through the slot so I'm sure no matter who does it, professionals or Craigs extended family, it will turn out alright. The cost would be the killer as if they are not professionals I'm sure they are not that fast.

I'd donate assembling 100 units if getting to where it's happening at doesn't require me to use my Visa and I get to take my Pandora home. Not very likely to happen I know.

The Appstore news sounds good too... I'll be making video reviews if this is the case. So i get to contribute toward the Pandora too (=

"I might incorporate youtube videos in to the appstore, so people can show ingame action or post video reviews. Two popular gp32x things."

second exodous said:
I've fixed DSs, taking them apart and rolling that screen cable and threading it through the slot so I'm sure no matter who does it, professionals or Craigs extended family, it will turn out alright. The cost would be the killer as if they are not professionals I'm sure they are not that fast.

I'd donate assembling 100 units if getting to where it's happening at doesn't require me to use my Visa and I get to take my Pandora home. Not very likely to happen I know.
I too have repaird a DS and replaced the housing, so that's why I'd rarther get the parts and build it myself rarther than waiting even longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to all the workplaces/mass production things that were supposed to be set up at the Texas factory for assembly...

Sphinxter said:
Will there be any soldering and how much?
I've never opened a handheld and saw anything soldered besides what was on the board itself, everything not on the board just plugs into the board. With you Sphinxter I never know if you really think what your saying or being a smart a$$ ;)

Oh wait, I did have one of those cheap mp4 players that I too apart because the battery was bad and yeah, everything, including the battery, was soldered to it. So it's not unheard of but I think the Pandora is quality enough that everything will just plug in.

Craigs Twitter says It looks like the iControlPad and at least some of the Pandora consoles will be assembled in the UK.
Not every pandora

GhostChaserUK said:
Craigs Twitter says It looks like the iControlPad and at least some of the Pandora consoles will be assembled in the UK.
Not every pandora

There is a later post which is stronger.

Back