Way To Check Your Max Clockspeed?

dr.no

It is gigantic.
Website
Visit site
I just bought a new GP32 and now I'd like to check how high it can go. It does manage 166MhZ fairly well, but I'd like to know if I can safely go even higher.

Is there any benchmark-like tool for this?

Cheers, drno

Thanks a lot, LHC. :D

[Edit]
Err. What is considered as stable? I could do 256MhZ for two minutes now without problems on my unmodded GP32 (non FLU/BLU).

[Edit2]
Err. It's 5 minutes now, so it is stable, I guess. But 256MhZ when some got problems with 166? Am I doing something wrong? I launched the app, selected 256 and pressed A. Now it's playing that tunnel-ani at 96fps. Is there another app that can go even higher?

you should really try it with DRMD or MAME, the clockspeed tester is good, but it doesn't use up as much system resources an emu, so just because you can be stable at 200mhz+ in the clock tester doesn't exactly mean you can do that in an emu. I can go past 166mhz in the clock tester but can't with any emu.

My old NLU was the same way, i could go to 170 stable in the clock tester but crashed above 156mhz on any emu that i tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your info. :)

I just tested DrMD and it has no problems at 248 (played SonicPinball or something for 3 minutes) but freezes at 252. Well. Does someone want to buy it? I don't need such a speedy one and if anyone wants to have it, I'd sell it to him.

[Edit]
I think I will put it on German eBay, if noone wants it here. How much would you guess it will be worth there, including original cable, carton, manual and 3 128SMCs - everything mint?

I just be missing some thing because my FLU runs DR.MD perfectly with all the default settings at 145mhz just fine... It might be good for MAME but I ahve a feeling the sound is still choppy as on most games.. SNES maybe higher clokc speeds would be good if you want sound.

Back