Wasn't there originally 16gb of storage....

notyu1459

Still Fresh
When I ordered mine I SWEAR that it was made clear that it had 16gb of internal storage. Now I can't find anything about it in the tech specs and there's a Pandora Press article telling you not to mess around with the little inbuilt storage it has. What?

I've been following the project since May of 2008 and it's always been small internal storage with SD card external storage, even from posts long before I started watching it.

It was even made a big deal when the storage was increased from 256MB to 512MB early in 2009. I have no idea where you would have seen 16GB internal storage, but I don't remember that ever being the case. Sorry.

edit: only thing that comes to mind is that they offer a 16GB SDHC card for sale along with the Pandora. Maybe that caused you some confusion?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following the project since May of 2008 and it's always been small internal storage with SD card external storage, even from posts long before I started watching it.

It was even made a big deal when the storage was increased from 256MB to 512MB early in 2009. I have no idea where you would have seen 16GB internal storage, but I don't remember that ever being the case. Sorry.

edit: only thing that comes to mind is that they offer a 16GB SDHC card for sale along with the Pandora. Maybe that caused you some confusion?

Yeah, maybe. I thought they only made a deal about the ram upgrade. Does the 16gb SDHD card come with every Pandora?

No, it's an extra feature you need to buy. Most people have their own.

Or maybe he saw someone answering (How big can one go with an SD card?) and people replied that for sure 16GB at least...

Been in the scene since 2003 and since the Pandora project first started I come here daily "except for a very few occasions" and can confirm there was never a plan for any additional memory beside the NAND

didn't someone say they got 64gb cards working on pandora? or did i dream that? :p

no hes right, 64gb sdxc cards have been confirmed to work on the pandora

there should be a thread on the gp32x forums about it somewhere but i dont feel like looking around

nvm, heres a quick google search link

Confirmed: 64GB SD cards work on the Pandora.

— Craig J V Rothwell (@Craigix)

July 1, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Back