WARNING!

TJFBryant

Island Man with Pandora in my pocket
Just a warning to all who flashed there firmware....Gloop Deluxe and a few other programs I forgot to name DO NOT work with the new firmware (with or without the freelauncher installed)

I didn't even know there was Euro FW. Take it that GP Deluxe DOES work with MultiFW2 (which I'm currently using) ?

you know I write this warning because I think that there is something buggy about the Euro Firmware....BUT I honestly believe the Gloop Deluxe compatible with other FW's. I don't know whats wrong with the Euro FW....All I know is all my programs I have working when I use the free launcher with my Euro FW. Sometimes I need the FL ...sometimes I don't.
Gloop Deluxe ..(for some reason gets rebooted with the Euro FW, and not the Original FW. Go figure.

Toris,
BTW..Awesome job on the game. I love it and I am a HUGE Undying Gloop fan from now on. Thanks again for all your help.

Squidge: Yes, Gloop Deluxe *will* work with MultiFW2. I am currently trying to verify that Gloop Deluxe doesn't work with any European Firmware, and if it doesn't work, the reason for it, I will then fix it, or work out a workaround.

I think that Mr. Spiv said something about the normal FW not working with b2fxec very well, so mabye the Euro FW has that problem, but even bigger somehow? Did you compress gloop DX anyway?

Actually, yes, I did, I will send Spiv a PM, to see whether this could be the problem. But then, the ID tool runs on the Euro firmware fine, and that was b2fxec compressed.
I'll do some experimentation, see what I can find.

Can people give a list of the stuff that doesnt work with euro fw pls? i was planning to flash soon. once a list has been created maybe if its sent to gamepark they will try to figure out the bug.

I think that Mr. Spiv said something about the normal FW not working with b2fxec very well, so mabye the Euro FW has that problem, but even bigger somehow? Did you compress gloop DX anyway?
You "think" <_< Latest b2fxec actually adds some workaround stuff to this "not working" problem. The reason why it used to be so that compressed files caused more crashes (now we are not talking about Wind-ups) was that it triggers a bug in BIOS more easily than non compressed file. The core of the FXE loader is the same in both menu and EuroFW menu. Anyway when time allows I'll look into that BIOS & FXE stuff more closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, yes, I did, I will send Spiv a PM, to see whether this could be the problem. But then, the ID tool runs on the Euro firmware fine, and that was b2fxec compressed.
Didn't get your PM :blink:

mr.spiv posted on Dec 17 2003 at 07:22 PM said:
Didn't get your PM :blink:
he already fixed the problem, afaik :]

Back