Wanted: Newsgroup Account

DaMummy

Soldier Paste
the person on whose newsgroup account i used to be on disappeared from the face of the internet, so now i need a new usenet account. 1 connection should be enough for me, but 3-4 is better. i need unlimited bandwidth, and hopefully at least 300 days retention, so for anyone here that has 10-20 or however many connections, let me buy one off you, give me a price and i'll pay monthly by paypal

Giganews ?

Sharing a newsgroup account isn't practical with most providers though, as although you get multiple connections, they must all be from the same IP, which means only one person at a time can use it.

ya thats what they say in description, but it isnt really enforced, as ive said, i had my connection with someone else and he had like 3-4 other people on the same account other then me and him, that was on some provider that had 20 connections per account i think

I can tell you now, it is enforced on some providers. For example, If I leave a download going at home, I can't even login at work. I don't remember the exact error message but it is along the lines of "You are already logged in with a different IP address.". I think this only applies to the unlimited accounts however.

i know for sure i was on an unlimited account, could possibly be astraweb, and we had like 4-5 people on one account and never had a problem for 2 or so years

Back