Wanted: Graphics & Sound

Slade

Still Fresh
Hi All,

I believe that my (lovely - she told me to say that) wife is getting me a Wiz for fathers day here in Australia.

Anyway, over the years I've had this idea for a game bouncing around in my head. It all stemmed from a single mental vision I had, and the idea has grown from there. Personally I'm not the worlds greatest programmer, however I have written a number of things in VB and VB.net over a fair few years.

Now that I'm getting a Wiz, I've looked at programming and the different languages available. c/c++ and it's derivatives are just too complex for my poor brain to comprehend, and through this board I found GLBasic.

So, down to what I need:

I'm looking for is for someone to provide some custom graphics and sound for a game.

Given the nature of the game, there is no payment. The game is an update / remake of an existing game and I personally wouldn't be asking for payment for it. I program for the fun of it, not for profit. Not forgetting the legalities of asking for payment for a game that more than likely still has copyright's attached to it.

At this stage, I'm not willing to divulge the game idea. I'm the sort of person who likes to keep everything secret until the program is released.

So are there any nice people willing to help me out with some custom graphics and sounds ?

Many thanks

Slade

Thanks for the offer :) That's awesome.

And funnily enough, sounds were the last thing I was thinking about.

As a brief detail, it's a platform game.

So sounds like:

Jumping
Running
Dieing
Explosions
Rocket whoosh
Gunfire (several types, I guess)
Powerup "blings"
Enemy movements - I can't really say much on this one without giving away too much detail, which I'm not willing to do on an open forum.
Fire crackling
A 'thud' sound (like something falling on the ground).

Those are the sorts of things I'm thinking of.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Are you wanting retro game style sounds or realistic? By the way you could PM me if you don't want this info in an open forum.

PM sent.

Thanks.

If anyone knows someone who would be willing to help, I'd really love to hear from them.

This weekend I'll put together a serious description of the game for anyone who wants to help out. Including game modes, and other ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're planning on releasing your game for free (i.e. not making any profit from it), you could look into creative commons stuff

Two useful sites:

http://www.freesound.org/ - for sound effects
http://www.jamendo.com/ - for music

Back