Wanted: dead GP2Xs

Orkie

Super Duper Mega GP Mania
Website
www.gp2x.dev
A bit of a long shot, but if anybody has a dead GP2X they'd like to get rid of and have used for a good cause I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

I'm particularly after an F100, but F200 would also be interesting so I can compare them.

I'd like to attempt removing the MMSP2 from the PCB and trace some of the pins to see if I can figure out what the test pads are connected to. Obviously I'll never be able to get it back on since it's a 400 pin BGA package, so would rather do this on a dead machine if possible.

Particularly interested in seeing if I can figure out why the F100 JTAG is so unreliable compared to the F200 (I strongly suspect they have left the pin which switches the signals between the 920 and 940 cores floating, looking at the boards there were some changes in that sort of area for the F200), and if that signal is exposed anywhere coming up with a mod to switch the debugger between the two cores to help development in the future. It's pretty much impossible to trace the pins without either desoldering the chip, or maybe using an x-ray machine (which I lack!).

Happy to pay for postage from wherever in the world to the UK, provided it isn't completely outrageous.

Back