I desire portable hard drives...

Stellanatus

I have a $300 budget on just a single portable hard drive. To back up my google drive, my mega drive, my android, and future Pyra data.

Lets play a game and see who can't find the coolest hard drive on the interwebz.

This is the coolest one I found so far. It has just 1t of storage for $119.99  though... The purchase page I found here and is cheaper than the older artical says (which was like $160)

gameboy_color_external_hard_drive_1.jpg

This one hurts a bit because they use REAL cartridges for these but this is what I came across. They have a few titles to choose from and I do believe they're hand made. https://www.etsy.com/shop/8BitMemory

Whoops... I just saw that they are replicas. That makes me feel better :rolleyes:

Whoops... I just saw that they are replicas. That makes me feel better :rolleyes:
Where do you see that?  I see

• Materials: NES Cartridge, Hard Drive
on the Zelda one, but the whole discussion is kinda pointless for me. It doesn't matter what it looks like. For me quality and price are far more important, with durability and size also being factors I consider.

Please don't harvest things which are no longer manufactured and which are still usable for your "art".  Light cash on fire or something else instead.  I would like to ask that others not support those that destroy things for this purpose, as well.  Why make a limited supply even more limited by trashing large numbers of them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mightn't things like shock resistance and durability of internal moving parts be more important than having a pretty plastic shell?
If that shell is that Back To The Future shell then I think it might actually be very durable. However I think if I broke the shell to that I would transfer the data over and get a new portable hard drive

on the Zelda one, but the whole discussion is kinda pointless for me. It doesn't matter what it looks like. For me quality and price are far more important, with durability and size also being factors I consider.
I completely agree with you. That's the one that made me cringe. I was really hoping it was a typo. I tried contacting the creator to no avail... If they are recreations then great but if they are in fact REAL carts being butchered then I regret posting that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back