Wall Charger

plfx

Still Fresh
This probably isn't so surprising, but there's a cell phone charger that works with the Caanoo. It is a charger for the LG6000 which can be bought for just a few bucks here. I find it highly convenient to be able to charge from the wall, and I was thrilled to find this thing in a box of knick-knacks discarded from a closed Verizon store.

It seems to charge more slowly than USB, but it still works just fine. I suppose this means the charger is under-amped for the caanoo, but to me this is reassuring, since a random charger which is over-amped might have damaged it.

EDIT: I'm not sure the link I originally gave is the correct charger. Let me look around and see if I can find the right one. It says "MODEL: FOR LG6000/4010".

I find it easier to just use a USB wall charger personally. That way I can use the same cable for charging, wether it be a wall charger, computer, or the solar battery pack I made. A cheap Samsung YP-S3 MP3 player cable is supposedly identical if people are afraid of losing their originals, (Confimations?) as well as modified Samsung/LG phone connectors that just need the keyed tabs filed off or pins rearranged for the tinkers out there.

someoneElse said:
I find it easier to just use a USB wall charger personally. That way I can use the same cable for charging, wether it be a wall charger, computer, or the solar battery pack I made. A cheap Samsung YP-S3 MP3 player cable is supposedly identical if people are afraid of losing their originals, (Confimations?) as well as modified Samsung/LG phone connectors that just need the keyed tabs filed off or pins rearranged for the tinkers out there.

If you could confirm that, it would be great. I'd love to keep one cable at home and one with me on the go, that way I don't risk losing one and not getting either. I'm trying to do this with my Cowon iAudio 9 as well... but I have lower hope for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
noire said:
If you could confirm that, it would be great. I'd love to keep one cable at home and one with me on the go, that way I don't risk losing one and not getting either. I'm trying to do this with my Cowon iAudio 9 as well... but I have lower hope for that.

I've modified a fifty cent LG 3200/7000 cable into a simple video out adapter, (All pins were populated!) but that's as far as I've looked.

Seems I was wrong about the YP-S3, it only has an identical connector, needing the pins reassigned as in here. A good option for those that can't modify things to fit is to grab the premade TV-out cables, they have a USB cable with the end of an RCA jack grafted on. That way you could keep one home and one on the go. I assume it has the data pins populated and not just power and video, so check with somebody who already has theirs first, since mine's still in the mail.

noire said:
someoneElse said:

All, I just picked up thiscable from Amazon for about USD$5. I can confirm it works perfectly for both charging and data transfer! :D

Back