Release Voice actived application execution?

Gautama

Still Fresh
I think it would be a really efficient way of opening and closing things if we all had to do was perhaps hold down left trigger and say "Open Firefox" or "Close GIMP". Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Pandora has a mic right on the screen panel so it should be possible. A little GUI to customly name some things... what do you think?

Laptop mics are pretty bad for speech recognition because of RF interference. Modern laptops negate this with pure-digital mics like the AKU2002, or even array microphones.

Not saying this is impossible, but it seems unlikely.

http://www.kiecza.net/daniel/linux/

CVoicecontrol is probably the best place to start.... it is speaker dependant and would need to be worked on to be any good using the DSP for the fourier transforms might lighten the CPU load and increase responsiveness .... at least im pretty sure that is the algorithm used

also there is pearlbox but i hear it is slow even on 1ghz+ systems due to useing sphinx2 which is slow

maybe with a headset with a mic(bluetooth or wired(don't know if wired is possible))

I've never had good luck with this sort of thing.

Your examples are a bit odd anyway. Firefox and The Gimp both require pretty heavy mouse interaction, surely one more click wouldn't be a big deal?

It could be handy to control more hands-off applications like an MP3 player. Especially while driving. That adds a whole new level of complexity though.

I use voice control to change songs on my cell phone while I'm driving - it works about 50% of the time.

It could also be neat to have a “clap to pause” feature while watching movies. This allows you to be on the couch while your Pandora is next to the TV and still have a “remote control” for it.. of course, it'd probably need to analyze the sound in the file it's playing to make sure the clap sound didn't come from the media. Maybe 1 clap = play/pause, 2 claps = rewind, 3 claps = subtitles? (don't worry, I Know exactly how unneeded this feature would be).

That has to be the laziest thing I have ever heard. :lol:

1 clap: play/pause
2 claps: rewind
3 claps: subtitles
4 claps: summon servant girls to feed you grapes and fan you with palm leaves.

Back