Vob

Tactical Fart

Still Fresh
I know I'm most likely to get flamed for this, but it would be most awesome is there was a .vob player. It could interface like a dvd player normally would but would load chapter individually as needed.

I don't know what your talking about... but no one better flame you because you have the cooles user name ever

freddykreuger666 posted on Dec 20 2006 at 08:10 PM said:
crap username
crap topic
crap use of 2 mins of my life

* Observes the pot calling the kettle black * <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
freddykreuger666 posted on Dec 20 2006 at 05:10 PM said:
crap username
crap topic
crap use of 2 mins of my life

Your honestly telling me that if this guy hadn't thought of it first you wouldn't want tacticalfart to be your aol screename... forum username... etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if everyone feels like talking about usernames, then i'll just act like those people never posted...

As for a VOB player, that would take some time. I can see it happening, but i know not much about this format. If it involves anything to do with code from DeCSS then its possible that it risks itself being legal.

Now, most people say mplayer and VCL both can't be ported with their codecs for some reason. I really REALLY don't understand what undocumented thing their talking about. I wish i knew, but i really don't care right now. Maybe some day we will know why.

IIRC, most of the codecs people use with mplayer/VLC are x86 only, so won't work on the gp2x's ARM processor...

the gp2x chipset is totally capable of decoding mpeg2 and has a css "decoder" build in, thing is that noon has access to it yet.
But one day it would surely be possible.

Back