Vivaldi Browser (The REAL Opera is back ?!) O_O

First I'd heard of it, but I really like it - the fact that it seems to run Chrome extensions quite happily is a bonus. Can't think of a reason not to switch at the moment...

The reason I don't still switch from Opera 12 is because it doesn't need extensions, everything I need is already integrated and fast, and if something is missing I can just make my userjs and put it as a button where I want in the interface... it does have a domain blacklist that I can maintain easily for blocking ads... and it's fast, really fast, Vivaldi is faster only on VERY HEAVY javascripted sites like facebook, but mainly it uses so much more resources that I can't open with it so many sites as I do with it's spiritual ancestor.

Also I'm missing the list of all the links in a page, that you can filter easily and copy them to clipboard... it's a simple thing that I just use so much times

Vivaldi has a "portable" installation, but it's not so portable, because it still writes to the windows registry, and you still can't change the path to the data directory (in some previous beta it was possible... I hope it's only a regression, but no changelog spoke about it)

the fact that it seems to run Chrome extensions quite happily is a bonus.

i've been using the pre-release versions of Vivaldi, but hadn't thought of that. i use Chromium at work just for Advanced REST Client, and i see now that Vivaldi will run that just fine. soooo now i can do away with Chromium entirely...

I loved Opera.

But now I switched to Palemoon on all my systems.
Now I am happier than ever. Furthermore my browser is free software finally. ;)

Not unless you build it yourself.
I wish vivaldi was free software, I would use it. Last nonfree browser I used was opera, because it was the best browser there ever was.

Back