Vista Pricing

Will you be upgrading to it?

• Yes, I will soon or have already upgraded.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I will soon or have already upgraded (but only for work/professional reasons).

• Yes, but only after a service park (or two), or when I buy a new computer.

• No, I will continue to use XP for now and see what happens (sit on the fence and watch, so to speak)

• No, I will continue to use XP for now, and maybe think about switching to an alternative later.

• No, I dual boot XP with an alternative anyway, and when XP becomes unsupported (or otherwise unfeasi

• No, I already use a competitor's product so Vista madness doesn't effect me.

• No, I-boycott/or-intend-to-boycott all future Microsoft products.

• Total voters

frutbunn

Website
Visit site
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/28/bl...ows_vista_price
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/106238/thousan...ta-pricing.html

British computer users are demanding Tony Blair stand up to Microsoft and stop them being ripped off over Windows Vista pricing.

For everyone outside the UK:- we are being charged almost TWICE the US price for Vista!

So, have you upgraded? Or will you upgrade?

(PS: This is my first poll so I'm not sure if I've set it up correctly!)

EDIT: Of course by XP, I really mean XP and all prior MS Operating Systems like 2000 + NT etc! :)

You should have added the option "Yes, but will download a cracked pirated version and run it from that!", cos some of us here are dirty pirates who don't mind diddling Billy Gates out of his hard earned cash!

lubidog posted on Feb 28 2007 at 01:43 PM said:
You should have added the option "Yes, but will download a cracked pirated version and run it from that!", cos some of us here are dirty pirates who don't mind diddling Billy Gates out of his hard earned cash!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feh. The UK get ripped off on almost everything - computing (both hardware and software) and gaming seem to be where it's most prominent. And it's not just because of taxes - that's undeniable in this case.

Thankfully, I use a better (and free, take that bitches) alternative although I might replace my XP dual-boot with Vista when it gets a little less crap.

lubidog posted on Feb 28 2007 at 06:43 PM said:

:lol: I assume that anyway! After all the GP2x is based on the wrong processor and sold via a UK pirate site! What does that say about the users? Not to mention the stolen business plan. :D

Tried Vista, got fedup with it's constant nagging, pointless features, and incredibly bloated size. Since I do need to use lots of apps for work, I've reformatted and gone back to XP (but my Laptop runs Linux Ubuntu :ph34r: )

pool34 posted on Feb 28 2007 at 09:17 PM said:
Mac OS X on desktop, and xubuntu on laptop.

Love OS-X, Aqua is the best GUI since.... erm... well ever! If only FreeBSD would use a port of the Darwin USB Stack. Hate FreeBSD's USB Stack, its aweful, so untill they do a rewrite of that, im sticking with Linux.

Vista does what Mac OS X already did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaIUkwPybtM

That vid kinda explains it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTeP_eh8XAA...ted&search=

That video is the best though.

I use MS OS's because of my job, and I use them on two of my home PCs too as it makes me better at my job as I know the OSs inside out. NT Based OSs aren't that bad actually, as long as you keep them patched and firewalled then happy days.

One of my servers runs Ubuntu, I play with it now and then, but it's only a play server, so I am happy.

lubidog posted on Feb 28 2007 at 01:43 PM said:

... oh, but ripping off musicians is a mortal sin, right? <_<

I can't participate in this poll, since I'm still a die-hard Win2K Pro user :lol:

I have Vista on my laptop and love it! I've also installed it on another PC and it runs faster than XP did on the same machine, even with Aero enabled and using some old PCI GeForce graphics card.

I'd put it onto my main desktop PC, but there is a particular game I play that wont work in Vista :(

TelcoLou posted on Feb 28 2007 at 05:09 PM said:
... oh, but ripping off musicians is a mortal sin, right? <_<

I can't participate in this poll, since I'm still a die-hard Win2K Pro user :lol:

Here, here... dual booting at home. Win2K for Windows-only games and apps, Ubuntu for everything else. And I'm the only guy at work who still runs on Win2K. :D

TelcoLou posted on Feb 28 2007 at 10:09 PM said:

Hmm, maybe I should have said 'XP or prior Microsoft Operating Systems'. Let me see if I can edit a poll.

Edit: Yes, I can edit a poll, so you may vote now should you wish to! :)

Back