virtualdub and AFS's?

duffman

Still Fresh
when trying to encode stuff using virtualdub im now getting a message mentioning ASF, Microsoft patents and how virtualdub doesnt support these as thery are an infringement so dont ask for a version that does. (or something similar to that)

its only started happening today, its usually been fine whenever i use it, any ideas on what to do?

(finally a post without mentioning my broken GP32..... <_< ..oh wait)

Sounds like a prob with you OS (Operating System) while usoing virtual dub sometimes if you find the .exe of virtual dub and right click and change the os it can work.

had you tried encoding .asf files before though. i remember soemthing about cirtual dub being threatened a law suit from microsoft if they didnt remove it. it may encode if you get an older version of virtual dub.

divadsci is right, you need to find a program that can convert asf to avi, have a look on www.dvdrhelp.com in the tools section for a program that can do this

This is no problem with your OS but with your version of VirtualDub. divadsci is right about the law suit and ASF support being removed in newer versions of VirtualDub. You can, however, find an older version of VirtualDub with ASF support Here.

Back