Any Virtual Dub Wizards ?

reeced

Can anyone explain this :-
I record an hour of TV using Virtual VCR, size 320x240, 17 fps, with Divx 4.12 compression(128kilobits/sec) and MP3(11025kHz) mono, on the fly. The resulting file is about 67 Mb. This file crashes GPCinema.
I process the file with Virtual Dub using 'direct stream copy' for both audio and video, and the resulting file is 53 Mb, and plays fine in GPCinema.
What is going on ?

Even though it does direct stream copies, vdub also rebuilds the headers for the file, which could explain one working and the other not. I'm not too sure about the change in size though :blink:

Axeman posted on Jul 27 2004 at 10:17 PM said:
Even though it does direct stream copies, vdub also rebuilds the headers for the file, which could explain one working and the other not. I'm not too sure about the change in size though :blink:
That could explain it.
If I look at both files in VirtualDub they appear to be OK, however, if I examine the first file with AviDrill, it shows an error in the audio stream, which is not there in the second file.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get this virtual vcr working directly with GPCINEMA can you make a quick faq...I had never heard of it, but it sounds interesting.

___
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Back