Video Trouble After Upgrade

andejp12

Still Fresh
Well this morning I decided to give upgrading a try after thinking and reading about it alot. Once the update was complete though my movie playback consits of a crappy snow like screen. There is sound but the picture is definately not related to what is supposed to be playing.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I honestly couldn't find it with many searches. Thanks in advance for any help.

andejp12 posted on Dec 20 2005 at 04:57 AM said:
Well this morning I decided to give upgrading a try after thinking and reading about it alot. Once the update was complete though my movie playback consits of a crappy snow like screen. There is sound but the picture is definately not related to what is supposed to be playing.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I honestly couldn't find it with many searches. Thanks in advance for any help.

You have to have a compatible sd card to update the firmware. If you cant watch videos then the firmware hasn't updated. This has been discussed at great length on the forums. For more info do a search <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Watto,

None of my searches turned too much up, believe me I spent most of the day yeasterday trying to figure it out, sorry if I missed the post that this showed up on though. Thanks for letting me know what went wrong, now my only question is how can I fix it?

I believe there is a video player fix program that you can get. YOu might want to check some of the doc out there like the Wiki or guyfawkes 'manual'.

Thanks, I'll look into the Wiki and if that doesn't seem to yeild the results that I wan then I'll look into guyfawkes 'manual' as you put it :).

Thanks for the responces and I'm sorry if I've agitated anyone with this thread.

Back