Video Stutter With 2.1.0 Firmware

mtaylor

Still Fresh
I upgraded my firmware to version 2.1.0 (confirmed on the green screen and the settings>info screen). The movie player now has stuttering / choppy playback! Can anyone reccomend a fix or troubleshooting guide for this? I know the firmware is relatively new, but other people are probably having a similar problem already.

Also, I have a MkII (I think revision 5)

Shikaku posted on Oct 25 2006 at 12:01 AM said:
Err.. change it from save to full? Hit one of the buttons before you load the movie.

I see... pressing the Y button before selecting the movie changes the battery economy? between "save, normal, and full"

Things are playing smoothly on "normal" mode.

It appears that the 2.1.0 firmware set the default to "save" for me, although I can't confirm I didn't accidentially change it myself as I was unaware of this feature.

Thanks Shikaku!

After fixing this, I loaded the Liqido skin, which has helpful cues embedded in the screen... "press Y to change", etc. Which would be very helpfu for new users (and should be on the default skin imo)

Last edited by a moderator:
mtaylor posted on Oct 25 2006 at 03:02 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Oct 25 2006 at 12:01 AM said:
Err.. change it from save to full? Hit one of the buttons before you load the movie.

I see... pressing the Y button before selecting the movie changes the battery economy? between "save, normal, and full"

Things are playing smoothly on "normal" mode.

It appears that the 2.1.0 firmware set the default to "save" for me, although I can't confirm I didn't accidentially change it myself as I was unaware of this feature.

Thanks Shikaku!

After fixing this, I loaded the Liqido skin, which has helpful cues embedded in the screen... "press Y to change", etc. Which would be very helpfu for new users (and should be on the default skin imo)
If you would have read the gp2x users guide you would have known this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back