Problem With Starting Up Gp2x

dioxide

Still Fresh
I havent used my GP2X in a couple of months and recently decided to update and play around with it. After it went past the "Firmware Updating" screen the green loading screen came up showing my new version "2.1.0." I am unable to go past this screen, I tried restarting many times and its stuck on the same point.

What should i do?

Did you previously have FW 2.0? If not, 'downgrade' to 2.0 and then try for 2.1 again.

(Did you press start & select during the update?)

TelcoLou posted on Oct 27 2006 at 04:44 PM said:
Did you previously have FW 2.0? If not, 'downgrade' to 2.0 and then try for 2.1 again.

(Did you press start & select during the update?)

Yes the previous version was 2.0. At first i forgot to press start & select and saw the patching screen so i shut down my GP2X, i did it correctly after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
dioxide posted on Oct 27 2006 at 05:13 PM said:
Ok rolling back to 2.0 and updating to 2.1 fixed it. Thanks.

YAY! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, I have 'ad a morning!

I have left my GP2x on version1.0 since I had it, but decided I wanted to upgrade. I read everything, tried to upgrade to 1.4, then to 2.00 then to 2.01 etc.

At first I had all the problems with the SD card just not upgrading that everyone had back in November last year. Then tried Rob's upgrader-and suddenly it said I was upgrading. But nowt happened, and when I switched the unit back on, I just got to the Loading screen.

Rolling back again to version 2.00, my screen is saying Formatting Please Wait. It's been doing this for a while, but I am hopeful it will work.....

Come on...

HURRRAH! The loading screen!

The basic point is, that with this unit you can roll around with the firmware. I now have version 2.00 after having the same problems as the topic starter!

That is all!

Back