Video Contest / Game Coding Contest

GP2X-INT

Still Fresh
Dear all,

The “Video Clip Competition” has been canceled because we simply did not receive any submissions.
I would like to apologize for not announcing anything directly after deadline,
when the due date arrived – there was still hope to get at least one late entry.
It seems the “surprise prize” idea did not motivate enough.

For now we concentrate on the “Coding Competition”
and might reactivate the “Video Clip Competition” at a later time.

The reason why we delayed the coding compo was because we are still working on the English SDK manual guide.
Once it is ready, we will also announce the coding competition.

Some of you might ask news about FunGP too. The site should be open by end of Q1/2010 for developers.
The FunGP store will also hold the SDK manual and other things required programming the Wiz.

Thank you for understanding and a happy new year!

Tony Han
Overseas Sale Manager

I am sure this question has been asked before but why can the SDK not be released without the manual for people to try and get to grips with on their own? Once this occurs simplified community written instructions will likely supersede the official manual anyway.

Please I would like to understand the situation.
I want to release the SDK Manual but unfortunately it is not ready.
Not ready means not prepared to be released.
I will inform you when it is ready, and Sorry for delaying it till now.

But from next year I would do my best to support all the GPH users.

Thank you :lol:

Tony,

I would like to [ really ] understand the GPH situation this time. Lack of contact from your side [ GPH side ], not filled promised [ especially NOT Released games (ashura cross) / FunGP / SDK and WiFi dongle ]. How GPH will try to erase this negative look from community's mind? Wiz users are polarised already, some of them are satisfied , but many not. Some of them [ and for example Me ] are interested in getting more info about new console / handheld, because if you [ GPH ] preparing a new console, this automatically is information for us that WIZ is DEAD..

Correct me if i'm wrong..

I think that even if GPH release a new console, there is still a lot of life left in the Wiz. Whatever they release will either be more or less powerful than the Wiz, and thus priced accordingly, allowing people a new niche. I very much doubt that the new console (if there is one) will be replacing the Wiz itself, it will more than likely be replacing the GP2x and running alongside the Wiz. We can only speculate, but I trust Game Park Holdings not to replace a console they only just released.

EDIT: And Mr. Han, if you do decide to relaunch the Video competition, you have my assurance that I will enter. I didn't know about it originally until it was cancelled.

GP2X-INT said:
But from next year I would do my best to support all the GPH users.

Dear Mr. Han,

Well, if you dump Wiz in terms of support, please make sure your new console has at least the overall power of Pandora, if not more, ok.
And whatever the new handheld console is...it better have a SNES or SEGA SATURN quality D-Pad, normal circular SNES quality face buttons, dual SDHC (with SDXC support too) card slots, OLED screen with a HD to FULL HD resolution (I know I'm dreaming, lol), and of course...TV out support. :wiz: B)

EDIT: Added TV out support

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually referring to releasing the SDK rather than the manual for it. Assumedly if there is a manual being made for the SDK then the SDK already exists.

Your Answers:

1) Game Release : Feb ~ May
A.Depending on the games the release date will change
B.Ashura Cross: Feb/Mar
C.Wifi : Feb/Mar

2)FunGP Dev Site: Feb/Mar
A.SDK Manual Guide Release when FunGP Dev Site will Open

3)FunGP Open Site: May

4)When we have the new console ready the first person who will know would be our distributors.

Thank you and Best Regards

Tony Han
Overseas Sale Manager

GP2X-INT said:
Your Answers:

1) Game Release : Feb ~ May
A.Depending on the games the release date will change
B.Ashura Cross: Feb/Mar
C.Wifi : Feb/Mar

2)FunGP Dev Site: Feb/Mar
A.SDK Manual Guide Release when FunGP Dev Site will Open

3)FunGP Open Site: May

4)When we have the new console ready the first person who will know would be our distributors.

Quoted.

Thank you for that Mr. Han. :wiz: B)

Nova said:
I think that even if GPH release a new console, there is still a lot of life left in the Wiz.

GPH never have the final word when comes to selling [ wiz'es or gp2x ]. Only independent dev's have this power. Do i need to say, that devers , and only dev'ers pushes all wiz'es to buyers hands and only they have ability to sell these handhelds. Not GPH. GPH releases only hardware. Software is the key to sell more wiz'es, unfortunately.

If developers turn back on wiz [its already slightly visible], then this handheld will die..

Back