Vice Problems.

coevin

Hi guys just got my pandora and I can't seem to find my disk images on vice. I am used to using fro do so sorry if I sound dud, do you need a specific file name or anything?

Can you give a bit more information, please?

That is to say, are you not seeing them when you press Start to bring up the menu, and pick "Autostart Image"? Or is it something else?

If I'm not mistaken, you should be seeing a list of locations, with two entries at the top which are one dot, and two dots. Scroll to the two dots, and press the Enter key, and do this a couple more times until you see a folder named "media" in the list. Scroll to this, press Enter, and look for an entry that's something like "mmcblk0p1" (it may be something like "mmcb2k0p1", depending on what slot your SD Card is in). Press Enter on this entry, and you should now be browsing your SD Card and should be able to find your disk or tape images.

I hope that makes sense - I don't have my Pandora open right now. If it's not clear enough, I'll rewrite it later.

Cheers I managed to find them. However I am trying to load mambo disk image and it's taking for ages, I'm not use to this vice setup after fro do on gp2x. There must be a quick way to load things? Thanks for all your help

Check the "Speed Settings" in the menu - there's a bunch of options there, including VICE's ever-useful toggleable Warp Mode, for speeding up long loading times.

Back