Vice : looking for Keys

TomVS

Website
Visit site
I read the forum and some discussions are helpful but...

Are all the real commodore keys mapped to the pandora keyboard ? For example right shift etc...

The real question is : If so does anybody know how they are mapped. Some keys seem impossible to find...

Any chance on an extra feature to map them to pandora keys ? (Like in the functie un uae4all) ?

Hi,

Keys can be mapped within Vice and then saved for future use. here is how do it:

Bring up the menu by presseing "start/alt"

Move down to "Virtual Keyboard" and select it with "enter", this quits the menu and brings up the C64 boot screen behind the virtual keyboard.

use the d-pad to choose a C64 key and the press "m" on the Pandora, this bring up a screen which says "Polling key or joystick event for: (then list the key you pressed), during the 5 second countdown press the key on your Pandora that you wish to use for this map. You can also use the keys that are modified with the Pandora "Fn" key, I know cos' I just tried!

You can map mutliple keyboard keys or joystick events using the method, it is great for setting up for individual layouts for games.

If you want to save this keymap:

Press "start/alt" on you Pandora and then move down to Setting Management and press "enter". here you can choose save keymap, choose "enter filename" and then give it a name. You use this menu to also load any saved keymaps you have made.

How's that, does that help? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Keys can be mapped within Vice and then saved for future use. here is how do it:

Bring up the menu by presseing "start/alt"

Move down to "Virtual Keyboard" and select it with "enter", this quits the menu and brings up the C64 boot screen behind the virtual keyboard.

use the d-pad to choose a C64 key and the press "m" on the Pandora, this bring up a screen which says "Polling key or joystick event for: (then list the key you pressed), during the 5 second countdown press the key on your Pandora that you wish to use for this map. You can also use the keys that are modified with the Pandora "Fn" key, I know cos' I just tried!

You can map mutliple keyboard keys or joystick events using the method, it is great for setting up for individual layouts for games.

If you want to save this keymap:

Press "start/alt" on you Pandora and then move down to Setting Management and press "enter". here you can choose save keymap, choose "enter filename" and then give it a name. You use this menu to also load any saved keymaps you have made.

How's that, does that help? :)

Wow !!!! Strange that I missed this feature... This opens a new world in my c64 emulation...

Thank you, I will try this out and maybe I can now play the more keyboard intensive games !

Back