Vice C64 Emulator Update

Great, many thanks for the update. I have bug to report. This version like the previous one messes up the touchscreen on the wiz when you exit vice. The touchscreen is completely off and the menu doesn't register tapping on the lower half on the screen at all. Only solution is to recalibrate the touchscreen or turn off the wiz and turn it on again.

Regards

André

PS: Any possibility to do something about the tearing or adding touchscreen support for the virtual keyboard?

Cheers for another excellent update, but is there anyway to save the settings?
I alter the SID settings, clock speed and frameskip etc, but when the emulator restarts they're back to the old settings (and I have to change them all again)
Apart from this everything else seems to run fine. :)

Neil L said:

There were ways to set the options by command line, i dont remember what they were, but if you added them to the startup script it should do what your looking for.

As for the touchscreen issue, my guess its because of the clockspeed being changes and might not be reset. If you run any app overclocked the touchscreen is always off, it only works around 533. So the root problem is firmware issue, but vice probably should reset the clock back to 533/550.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Neil L said:

There were ways to set the options by command line, i dont remember what they were, but if you added them to the startup script it should do what your looking for.

As for the touchscreen issue, my guess its because of the clockspeed being changes and might not be reset. If you run any app overclocked the touchscreen is always off, it only works around 533. So the root problem is firmware issue, but vice probably should reset the clock back to 533/550.

OK, by no other app I've run (overclocked) has messed the touchscreen up as bad as Vice does.

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
OK, by no other app I've run (overclocked) has messed the touchscreen up as bad as Vice does.

Sorry thats the only thing ive seen mess up the touchscreen, vice doesnt do anything with or to the touchscreenso I really dont know if anything in vice could be changed to fix it.

Thank for the continued work on this.

I have found a severe bug though. Every several seconds the emu just stops momentarily, animation, music, everything. I must say that is really bad to the point where it is almost unplayable.

Do you think that could be fixed?

DaveC said:

I have found a severe bug though. Every several seconds the emu just stops momentarily, animation, music, everything. I must say that is really bad to the point where it is almost unplayable.

Make sure true drive emulation and virtual devices are off, give me an example of somthing that behaves bad

Pickle said:
DaveC said:

Make sure true drive emulation and virtual devices are off, give me an example of somthing that behaves bad
Almost anything does it. I did find that it stops doing the pausing if I switch to Fast SID. So there must be a bug in the reSID code somewhere. Even though I set it to fast SID it always reverts back to the choppy reSID. I really wish you could save settings so you don't have to re-do everything every time you use it.

Pickle said:
fettouhi said:

Sorry thats the only thing ive seen mess up the touchscreen, vice doesnt do anything with or to the touchscreenso I really dont know if anything in vice could be changed to fix it.

I know it is very strange why Vice does that...

Regards

André

I am glad something like Vice on the gp2x Wiz even exists. Thanks Pickle!

In addition to DaveC's comment - in this version the menu still is weird that way. Reverting to previous settings - settings (ReSID) that are not practical for day to day use when playing games.

Back