Vektar saved

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's wrong.

Right and I suppose when I used these same mappings while reading the GPIOs directly from hardware they were wrong too?

Oh I see you edited your post - well do tell me what GPIOs you think these are wired to (if they are indeed actually signal outputs).. oh and by the way there are only 12 pins there.

Yeah, it's 12, I thought it 16 so 32 possible.

Still though, it's not 8 is it?

Why can't you just admit you were wrong about it?

Oh hey check this out:

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Joystick_PCB_Layout

Turns out electronics needs things like "power" and "ground."

Now who can't admit they're wrong?

I know how it works because it was a right pain in the ass to get accurate readings from it as up/down/left/right don't line up.

It's why they switched to the dpad.

There are dozens of threads about it and it's odd mappings on gp32x. DaveC could speak to you for hours about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know exactly how it works because it was a right pain in the ass to get accurate readings from it as up/down/left/right don't line up.

It's why they switched to the dpad.

There are dozens of threads about it and it's odd mappings on gp32x. DaveC could speak to you for hours about it.

So you're saying that the pinout I linked to is wrong too? Is someone going to have to make a video of them metering out the joystick to convince you?

I mean even you admit you don't know exactly how it works when the number of inputs you claim keeps going down (but I guess you're still not conceding to the 8 I keep saying)

DZZs low level hardware lib can read all 12 of those points.

He even includes them as inputs called extra names (like up up left) to make up 24 possible results.

Perhaps he was wrong about it, and thus I could be wrong about it, but Vektar does not work on the MK2 GP2X because you can't hit those inputs.

So it would be a mystery if that was not the reason.

He even includes them as inputs called extra names (like up up left) to make up 24 possible results.

Perhaps he was wrong about it, and thus I could be wrong about it, but Vektar does not work on the MK2 GP2X because you can't hit those inputs.

By GP2x MK2 you mean the F200? Because I played it on my GP2x F100 MK2 without problems...

EDIT: I find it a bit strange how dzz disappeared. He announced a new game a month before he left forever, was pretty active and showed no sign of "community - frustration" ... I hope he is alright.

By GP2x MK2 you mean the F200? Because I played it on my GP2x F100 MK2 without problems...

Yes, the F200 is where they removed those 12 points. The MK2 twisted the joystick to try to allow the 12 points to give more 'standard' dpad like inputs. It still didn't work very well.

Well we see there are 12 pins on the joystick and of course I forgot about the stick-click button (called out in the pinout) so really that means there are only eleven possible, if there were no grounds. So what, do you believe in 11 now?

More information here: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Talk:GP2x_joystick

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GPIO_Reference

The stuff about "16 positions" is misleading - that's interpolated by having multiple switches pressed at the same time the same way diagonals are in a standard four-position d-pad. This is probably what DZZ's code is doing. Rest assured there are only 8 values reported from the joystick and available via GPIOs.

Well we see there are 12 pins on the joystick and of course I forgot about the stick-click button (called out in the pinout) so really that means there are only eleven possible, if there were no grounds. So what, do you believe in 11 now?

You, I see you doing this to people on this forum on a regular basis, your obsessional argumentative bullying, you just can't take it that, in this case, the gp2x original stick didn't work like you thought it did. Relax.

I remembered the number of inputs wrongly at 24, but it was still more than you thought, and now you're off on one of your fanatical missions again to somehow prove that I was still wrong even though the essence of what I was saying was correct.

And I was saying it very casually too, as in it didn't really matter much, it was just something pickle would need to be aware of, and he would need to remove the extra inputs.

It's just a forum. Stop with the explosions of passion. It's not a debating society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back