Vbvns: A Vns Editor For Windows Betatest

Discussion in 'Beta Testing [GPH]' started by Arda, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Arda

Arda Member

Hmm, I really don't have any time to test it, but I wanted it to release it in it's current (*crap*) status. hey, finally, first VNS editor for windows is here :)

Please give me some feedback and post your thoughts/detailed bug reports here.

Warning, this program is written using Visual Basic. :) You will need MSCOMCTL.OCX, if you don't have this file you can find it http://www.it-mate.co.uk/main_content/ocx.asp here, or google it.
    and vbVNS needs a really fast computer. Don't try to preview if your CPU is running below 1ghz.

I will improve it later, I have cool ideas for it.

Tags:
  2. Mark

Mark Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative

I would test if it were compilied, any chance of this?

3. Sonic-NKT

Sonic-NKT Very Active Member

it is compiled!
    hmm dont have time now, but i will look more at it tomorrow... perhaps i start a Dividead clone :)

4. woogal

woogal Certified Guru

What on earth makes you think it's not compiled? :blink:

5. Mark

Mark Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative

Stupid Mark. I guess he meant, do we need Visual Basic to run it. (He knows very little about programing, or anything in general.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  6. Arda

Arda Member

my mistake, I was used the term "visual basic executable", it was a kind of joke. program is compiled and ready to run on any win32 system. (But I don't guarantee that it works perfect :) It's a simple editor for now.

7. Ernest

Ernest DeFiAnT

I may have a look if i get the time

8. Alpha2

Alpha2 Heroic Autobot

I sarted messing with it just for the heck of it. Tried to import from the demos provided with the VNS itself, loaded the title graphic for demo1 and tried to save it to the library and got this error " Run-time error '76': path not found " and then it cut off on me.
    :blink:

9. Arda

Arda Member

as I stated in the readme, I don't have time to write error checking functions. (but I will soon)

Are you trying to import an old VNS file or just a BMP from them?

if you want to import and make old demos work, you have to unzip media files under the

projects/<projectdir>/

eg. if you want to try demo11.VNS you have to unzip demo11.zip in to

projects/demo11/ folder.

In fact vbVNS is not meant to edit old novels but to create new ones. Import feature (under the project menu) added for testing purposes only.

if you trying to add some picture into library, now that's strange. send me a detailed report please :)

10. Alpha2

Alpha2 Heroic Autobot

Ah I see, sometimes I wonder if I should the one to beta test this. :p I was able to import the individual pieces of art though after what you said. I suppose I'll have to start a VN from scratch which will require reading everything in both the VNS and the VBVNS just to make sure...

11. VirtuaLeech

VirtuaLeech Member

Very nice program!

So far it is looking good ,even in it's alpha/beta stage. I like a lot of the options I see in there. Unfortunatly I don't have much time to look at it right now (I am at work) but I will have a more detailed look at it later when I am home. I will mail you my findings.

Keep up the good work.

12. Arda

Arda Member

is it so bad :) that nobody using it B)

13. admin

admin Administrator

I am using it and probably more people is using it i think :) It is much more comfortable than typing by hand. Of course i probably wont make any good story (not too much time), but maybe some day i will release something :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  14. c0ncept

c0ncept H.R. Gigers wet dream

yeup, a nice program allright. Currently I'm gathering images and text for a *new* (read remake) VN. I'll definatley use this program to make it!