GP32 Using Visual C++ .NET

M^4

Still Fresh
Website
users.adelphia.net
Well, in another thread someone mentioned using the DevKitAdvance via MS .NET C++ and I tried the method as described in that thread. But, make failed to work properly in a manner similar to when it runs under Visual C++ 6.

So, I did some fiddling (I am at work, after all!) and found a way to make it work.

All of this assumes you have the DevKitAdvance setup correctly to work via a command prompt under Windows.

First, start a new project and select Visual C++ Projects on the left. On the right, select Makefile Project. I also suggest unchecking the Create directory for Solution. Enter the name of your project. A directory of the same name will be created in Location. All your files should go into this directory. Click OK.
newproject.jpg

Next up is the Application Settings dialog. Click on the Application Settings link to the left. Enter the following values. These should be the same for all your projects unless you want to add other switches/options (like --win32). Click Finish.
makefilesettings.jpg

Next, add files to your project. Not necessary but I added them under the appropriate folders (Source and Header). The readme.txt is created by Visual Studio .NET when you make the project and can be deleted.
addfiles.jpg

To build, all you do is go to the Build menu and select what you want to do: Build - build changes. Rebuild - rebuild everything even if it did not change. Clean - cleans. :)
build.jpg

Now, in the output window below you will see the same results as usual.
output.jpg

That is all there is to it. If you have any questions, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back