Using A Usb Mouse With Gp2x

DJWillis said:
Miika said:
Ah, right. The _ mark moves when I press the buttons, but nothing happens when I move the mouse.
Is that with all the mice you tested?

No, only the ball mouse. I only have it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that the mice you have been using are either non-standard with respect to the movement or broken, not certain though.

This was some nuts idea that popped in my head, never tested it before on anything:
So I connected my ball mouse and went to ScummVM. Then I opened up the mouse, and when I short the connectors of the components that recognize the movement of the wheels the ball rolls, the cursor actually start to make small movement in my gp2x! But nothing happens when the mouse is used normally. What the hell?

Problem.. umm... solved.
Received my package from LED Shoppe today with brand new optical mouse and PSX like USB gamepad.
Why, the optical mouse I got there works just perfectly on my GP2X! No idea why all the other mice I tried failed, but now I'm glad. Also the gamepad is awesome, works perfectly on my PC and emulators but I didn't get it to work in Picodrive, it only works in the menus, but not when in-game o_O. At least I can use this mouse on ScummVM now! Yeeeehaaaw :D

Edit: What the hell? I connected this to my USB hub (without power) and now I get the same result as with other mouses!!! Now the optical light doesn't light up and only buttons work! :(

My problem is different from yours but I'm having trouble in ScummVM. I can get my Logitech G5 mouse to work in Quake etc but it doesn't work in ScummVM at all. Anyone got any ideas? 0_O

Bluepixie said:
My problem is different from yours but I'm having trouble in ScummVM. I can get my Logitech G5 mouse to work in Quake etc but it doesn't work in ScummVM at all. Anyone got any ideas? 0_O
What version of ScummVM?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the cradle yesterday, and all these problems solved, all mice I tried worked fine + more devices that didn't do anything before, and they work without supplying the cradle extra power.
Conclusion: The USB host cable from ARTaylor really sucks :p

Back