usb-modeswitch

knightron

Hello. I used to happily use my pandora with my bigpond mobile broadband. I updated the firmware the other day and now i can't. I enable usb hosts, plug it in and wait a little, Network manager sees my usb, and once i've set up the connection, it even attempts to connect, but always fails. I'm beginning to think i must have done something when i first got my pandora that enabled me to use my stick. I've checked i'm in the netdev group, checked that modemmanager is installed and even installed mobile-broadband-provider-info, but the results are always exactly the same. I have not installed usb-modeswitch. I've just checked my list of installed packages on my laptop (which my mobile broadband works perfectly on) and usb-modeswitch is installed on it. So i'm thinking i'll give usb-modeswitch a go on the Pandora too. My problem is, opkg doesn't seem to find a package. I went onto  Angstrms repo to grab the package and install it manually, but the only version i can get is too up to date and depends on a latter version of libc, to what's installed on the pandora. The older version seems to no longer be available to download.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yeah; to Superzaxxon 1.55.

It's a 1ghz Pandora, and hadn't been upgraded before so it was the version that came with it. I'm not sure but i think it was 1.52.

I didn't upgrade through the 'upgrade os' feature, i downloaded the zip file, uncompressed it to the root of my sd card ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back