Usb Mode Errors

i think the problem i was having was that when i plugged the gp2x into the usb port windows doesnt see the sd card and cant access an external drive, using an sdcard reader/writer worked and is also alot better for the batterys.

Yeah i have a card reader here its pretty old but i have a 4GB SD card coming i read if the reader doesnt detect the full 4gb after formatting the card i should buy a new reader

_DiGiTaL_ posted on Aug 6 2006 at 10:42 AM said:
Anyone know why when hooking gp2x up to pc and after selecting USB mode windowXP just says the USB device has malfunctioned

I have the same problem... I've tried removing the USB device in XP, and when it redetects it, it says it's installed properly, and then after a few seconds it goes to this same error again... I'm frustrated with this... I would like to access the nand memory as it would be useful for all those old roms (intellivision and Atari)!
If anyone has had similar problems, please let me know! I'm sure this problem has to do with a windows issue rather than a GP2x issue, but I cant confirm that very easily.... grr...

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back