Us Bank Fees Via Google Checkout

Gary13579

[23:36:12] <Gary13579> anyone here order with google checkout from the US?
[23:36:29] <WolfSpider> maby
[23:36:38] <WolfSpider> Why?
[23:36:51] <Gary13579> I'm wondering if any bank fees applied
[23:36:56] <Gary13579> other than standard currency exchange
[23:37:08] <WolfSpider> sorry i dont now
[23:38:14] <Gary13579> my banks website lists nothing about payments in foreign currencies inside the US
[23:38:18] <Gary13579> only to other countries
[23:38:25] <Gary13579> it would be a payment inside the country, correct? via google?
[23:38:55] <WolfSpider> Ask on the pandora forum'

Gary13579 said:
[23:36:12] <Gary13579> anyone here order with google checkout from the US?
[23:36:29] <WolfSpider> maby
[23:36:38] <WolfSpider> Why?
[23:36:51] <Gary13579> I'm wondering if any bank fees applied
[23:36:56] <Gary13579> other than standard currency exchange
[23:37:08] <WolfSpider> sorry i dont now
[23:38:14] <Gary13579> my banks website lists nothing about payments in foreign currencies inside the US
[23:38:18] <Gary13579> only to other countries
[23:38:25] <Gary13579> it would be a payment inside the country, correct? via google?
[23:38:55] <WolfSpider> Ask on the pandora forum'

I paid using Google Checkout and I live in the US. I was not charged any 'bank fees' and paid using a debit card. Google simply charged me the price in GBP and converted it to USD at the time of processing my card. I wouldn't worry about any fees. Also, this question is probably better asked to openpandorasales@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
There may be an international fee with your bank if you are using debit. check with your bank. other than that no other fees.

Game_over said:
There may be an international fee with your bank if you are using debit. check with your bank. other than that no other fees.
I used a debit card but wasn't charged a fee from the bank. Of course, it may also depend on your bank and the type of account you have.

i used credit card not remember visa or mc but all i got charged was the actual price, and (local only) international banking fee.

DroneB Dev said:
i used credit card not remember visa or mc but all i got charged was the actual price, and (local only) international banking fee.

This same here

I live in Canada, will the price of the unit be approximately 330 USD in CAD?

Transmition said:
I live in Canada, will the price of the unit be approximately 330 USD in CAD?

I'm in Canada. They charged £224.08. Not sure if that included the TV cable I asked for, but I know it excludes VAT.
Worked out to 376.80 CAD at the time. Might be more right now ($400 CAD) due to fluctuating exchange rate.

metronomedrivein said:
I used a Credit Card and was also charged an international banking fee. It was around $11 or something.

I also used a credit/debit card, and was also charged an international banking fee. Mine was only seven dollars.

Sorry for bumping a week old topic, I didn't realize I was charged until looking at my statement tonight.

Oh man, I wish when I ordered they had Google checkout. That cheap bank transfer thing didn't work for me because all my bills go to a Post Office box so I couldn't prove to them who I said I was. I just did it through my bank and it ended up costing me $30 extra. Not a big loss, but I was in the pre-order that didn't go through and waited until the last minute to re-order again.

I still haven't ordered a TV cable though, I guess I could order that through Google checkout this time around.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Emailed my bank and they said that I would not be charged anything.... but that I should contact Google to figure out how much it'll be in USD. I think they think that Google Checkout is a PayPal clone and does currency conversion...

Either way I was told I'd be charged nothing, so if I am, I'm going to put up a fuss with my bank ^^

Gary13579 said:
Either way I was told I'd be charged nothing, so if I am, I'm going to put up a fuss with my bank ^^

When I paid, the "Int'l Transaction Fee Assessed by Visa" was $3.75.
I think Visa/MC is going to shaft you regardless of whether you use
debit or credit, or what bank you use. Hopefully you have AmEx or
some other not-entirely-unscrupulous credit agency.

If it's $4 via Visa, I don't have a problem. But my bank charges ~$50 per international debit transaction. I know that it is a transaction within the US, since Google Checkout is US, but the bank doesn't list any currency exchange fees... anywhere.

Just an update, the payment went through a few days ago. 364 USD, which is $4 higher than the exchange rates at the time the payment was processed. But with how fast and much rates fluctuate these days, it's hard to say.

Either way, I wasn't changed a fee so I'm very happy.

Back