Urgent Help Needed

SiIV

Website
Visit site
Is there anyone in the Philadelphia area that knows how to repair my battery terminal? Almost everyday my battery terminal would be out of place and then i would have to use a fork or something similar to fix it. One day one of the recievers popped off and my gp2x was dead ever since then.

Is anyone in the Philadelphia area capable of fixing it? Also my headphone jack is broken too. But that's not as important.

I can pay up to 35$ for repair

Or, if there is some way for me to repair it, can someone please tell me?
My gp2x has been dead for quite a while (two months).

well i don't have any specific instructions for fixing it, but if you take your 2x apart you will be able to see where the terminal connects to the board, and you can either solder it back on or use a jumper wire. it shouldn't be hard to solder since it's so big. but you go jumper wire to spring, and the spring would hold it in tighter.

thanks you very much you two, i'll look into a repair shop or soldering it myself, i miss my 2x and would love to get it back

while i wait for finding a repair shop any other ideas anyone?

Take it to a shop that repairs mobile phones, those guys are in my opinion the best technicians who can fix a GP2X

i can see it without opening up, the springy metal part that keeps the batteries in place broke off. for the bottom left terminal

the battery terminals attach straight to the board and there's a hole in the back piece of the case that lets them stick through. but if there's a broken trace near it you probably won't be able to see that without taking the case off.

assuming it's a clean break and the board is undamaged, it'll be really easy for you or a friend to solder the piece back on. if you don't already have an iron it's gonna set you back $10-15 for a cheap one. (15 watts is enough). but rather than just putting the piece back on, i would hot glue a small spring to the case, pull a wire through the hole that the battery contact comes through, and solder it to the spring once you close up the case again.

alternatively, if you have a warranty and want to go that route, just send it back to where you got it. your third option is to hit up craigix or evildragon for a repair but i think they charge a little if you didn't get the unit from them. not totally sure on the details.

option 4: get an ac adapter, that should still work fine.

If you have never touched a soldering iron before in your life put it in the hands of someone more experienced. I made some mistakes at first due to inexperience which would not be healthy for the gp2x. (mainly frying components by keeping the iron too long on a connector, and making solders which would not hold).

Back